Chapter Twenty-Six - Cold Welcoming

Start from the beginning

Murphy felt Eve tense, and he almost felt her body moving away from his before he jerked her back. "Wait, make sure it's them first." He said in her ear, and she sighed before standing with him. 

The first truck sped down the pathway, and people were piled in each one of them, both the cab and the back of the truck. There had to be at least eight people on the truck. 

There were some that Murphy recognized instantly, but he hadn't spoken to any of them.

The rest of the trucks were the same, the majority of the people being those that Murphy didn't know personally. The 100, or what was left of them, filed out of and off the trucks one by one. The last truck held Monty, Jasper, Clarke, Bellamy, the mechanic, James, Octavia, Hannah, Jay and Jack.

Bellamy glared at him silently from his newfound spot, which was leaning on one of the trucks.

Jack moved over to Murphy, not being able to hold in his smile when he saw his sister. Eve grinned as well, and Jack hugged her tightly, then loosened his grip when he remembered exactly what had happened.

"What happened when she got here?"

"Murphy gave me a transfusion." Eve said, and Jack's eyes widened as he stared at Murphy in shock. 

"How? Why?"

"We're the same blood type, and you weren't around. She needed blood, and quickly. Matthew- I mean Dr. Colben said that if she hadn't gotten it when she did, she may have died from the blood loss. "

Eve tensed slightly at the thought, then sighed and leaned into Murphy slightly as he tighted his grip around her waist again. 

Jack gave a nod, swallowing dryly. "Well, I'm happy you stayed with her, then." He smiled at Murphy.

"Also, there's another thing that's happened..." Murphy said, biting his lip a little.

Jack stared at him with a confused expression, and Murphy led him over to Octavia and James. Bellamy glared at him as he did so, moving towards Octavia in a protective stance when one of the guards stuck his muscular arm out in front of him before giving him a cold and horrid look.

"Octavia, Lincoln is here."

Octavia furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, paling slightly. "What? Why? Did they hurt him?"

"No... At least, we didn't. We were the ones that saved him."

"Saved him? From who?" Jack asked from beside him. 

"When we took the truck to come back here, Carson sent some of the guards back to the river and they found Lincoln on the way there. They brought him back because he didn't pose a threat, and they doubted he could hurt them with the way he was acting."

"What do you mean? How was he acting?" Octavia asked curiously and worriedly at the same time. 

"He had the respiratory flu. He was weak and could barely speak, but he told me his name when I said that you were a friend." Murphy said, looking down at Octavia.

"She isn't your friend!" Bellamy growled out, lunging forwards and towards Murphy. Jack suddenly stepped in front of him, literally towering over him with a menacing look in his eyes. 

"You touch him, and you will be exiled out of this colony just like you did to Murphy. Only this time," He looked Bellamy up and down. "I guarantee that no one will save you." He said, and Bellamy's expression softened. He wasn't scared, but he wasn't as angered as before.

"Why are you helping him?" He said hoarsely. 

Jack chuckled. "Because he is my second in command. He has protected myself and my sister many times. Tell me, what have you done to prove yourself here?" He said, raising an eyebrow at Bellamy, who stayed silent. "Thought so." He muttered before turning around and walking in front of the crowd.