Chapter 15 HIHAHAHA!!!!

Start from the beginning

I nod my head at him and he smiles in understanding.

"Who doesn't like to talk about whom?"

We both turn our heads in unison and find Gaurav standing at the door, crossing his arms over his chest. His shirt clinging to his well-defined body and I mentally slap myself for ogling at him.

I glance at Jai who is busy stuffing his mouth with food. I glared at him to divide his attention from food but fail.

"Avantika, I asked you a question."

I turn on my heel and walk towards the living room to avoid his gaze. I quickly turn on the television and increase the volume to the highest.

"Will you please look at me while I am talking to you?"

I move my gaze from television and look at Gaurav. His hair is swept back from his forehead and combed neatly. His face is well shaved and smells of aftershave. I inhale the musky smell and turn my focus back to the television. I tried to focus on the daily soap actress who is crying like her dog had died but my mind was racing to think of one believable answer. I have been always terrible at lying.

"We were just talking Gaurav. He was telling me about his girlfriend Alisha and told me to not discuss this with you. That's it."

He looks relieved for a moment and I wonder why is he hiding things from me. I know we have known each other for a week now and it's not enough time to know someone well and trust on them with your emotions but it still hurts to know that he is struggling with few things and doesn't want to share it with me.

"Gaurav, are you okay? You are looking a little tense. You can tell me, you know."

He smiles and sits next to me. I can smell his cologne, it smells like sandalwood. He snatches the television remote from my hand and switches to some sports news channel.

"Everything is okay Avy bear. You don't have to worry. I just thought if Jai was telling you about my ex-girlfriends, I know you get super jealous and sad."

He winks at me and puts his head on my shoulder. I softly massage his scalp and intertwine my fingers in his thick locks.

He moans a little and snuggles closer to me, his hands resting on my lap. I smile wickedly and tug at his hairs with full force.

He groans in pain and jumps out of the couch. I laugh and throw the pillow at him which he skilfully dodges. He walks to the kitchen and brings a jug full of ice cold water.

He smiles evilly at me and then at the jug. I take step back and look at my bedroom door. I wonder if I can run fast enough to prevent this monster from pouring the water on me.

"Avy bear, you can't win a fight against me. I am the lord of pranks and you are a mere peasant on my land. How about taking a bath in this bone-chilling water, huh?"

He takes a step toward me and I run toward my bedroom to hide. He runs after me, laughing like a madman.

"Hiha haha, you can't run from me. I will find you like always."

I mentally roll my eyes at his fake creepiness and move my feet as fast as I can. I step into my room and try to close the door but a hand blocks it. I look up to see Gaurav blocking it with his hands.

I run away from the door but Gaurav quickly carries me on his shoulder like I am a sack of potatoes. I scream with all I have but he just laughs.

"Put me down you asshole. I will break you in half if you poured that water on me. I just took bath Gaurav."

"You should have thought that before waking the beast in me. Now the beast has awakened and it will not stop until it tastes the blood of a maiden. Hiha hahaha......"

He throws me on the bed and crawls over me. I try to move away but his strong hands pin me to bed.

In any other circumstances, I wouldn't even have dreamed of being so close to him but now when his chest is inches away from mine, all my focus jumps out of the window and die.

Our eyes lock and I feel a fire building in my stomach which burns all those hypothetical butterflies. His gaze moves over my face and stops on my lips. He licks his lips and I get hypnotized by the little action.

************************************

Hihahaha....... I know I am evil. But I can't do anything about that, I was born like this. ;)
Please comment on what you found best or worst in this chapter. I love to interact with my readers. You can comment or pm me. It could be grammar, the plot or anything else you found disturbing.

And for those who aren't familiar with those Hindi words I used above.

Parathas- it'an an Indian food made by wheat flour. The dough is pressed and rolled to form a circular shape. It's then cooked in a flat base pan called "tawa" by using refined oil or ghee.

Aaloo ki sabzi - It's recipe prepared in almost every household in India. Here Aaloo means 🥔 potato and sabzi means vegetable or in this sense, since it means a food item containing potato as its main ingredient. Aaloo ki sabzi is something you can eat anytime with anything.

It looks like this.

And the question of the day......

What do you like to eat the most?

I love instant noodles.

And don't forget the three magical words.....

❤Vote❤Comment❤Share❤