Old Sin's

Second Chapter of the Night as promised.

3428 words coming your way.

A Thousand Years Ago.

"I can't marry him I won't" I seethed walking up and down the riverbank as Tatia sat in the grass watching and listening to me rant.

It had been a few days since I had been told I would marry Niklaus and I wasn't taking the news well.

"Thyra Niklaus is a good man".

"A good man who is in love with my sister" I snapped glaring at her.

I saw her expression fall making me feel guilty, I walked towards and sat down beside her leaning my head on her shoulder as she played with my hair.

"I love you Tatia with all my heart, I love you more than anything in this world you are my other half and I cannot imagine my life without you, but please see my situation for what it is, I'm marring a man who is deeply in love with you. I don't want to spend my life trying to live up to you it would be impossible".

"Thyra you are strong, fierce, loyal and beautiful. Never think that you must live in my shadow when it is I who should be more like you, Niklaus will love you I know it, he would be a fool not to".

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because no matter how much you dislike it I know Niklaus and I know you little one" she whispered kissing the top of my head.

"I wish we could just runway, you and I like we planned as children, we could go explore the world" I sighed dreamily thinking of what could be.

I was pulled from my day dream about foreign lands by the change in weather, the sky suddenly turned grey and the winds began grow harsher, I looked to the left only to realise Tatia wasn't there.

The next think I knew someone grabbed my shoulders in a vice like grip, I looked in front of me to see Tatia looking at me in desperation.

"You must forgive him sister".

"What?"

"Elijah you must forgive him"

"Tatia I don't understand".

"There is no time little one just please heed my words"

The winds became serve the sky darkened and the grass beneath me turned to ash, Tatia held onto me tighter as an invisible force pulled her away.

"Tatia wait".

"I can't stay any longer I don't belong here, just find it in your heart to forgive him, and never forget I love you little one" with that said she let go.

"Tatia don't go ... Sister".

"Tatia" I shouted sitting up straight in my hotel bed breathing heavily thinking over the memory turned dream I had just had.

What my sister meant I didn't know, whether it was a real message or just a dream I didn't know either but nor did I have time to dwell on it, so I shook it off and got ready.

After I said all I needed to say to Nik yesterday I text him when I got to my hotel room and decided it would be best if he looked for Finn and me Rebekah, I needed space and to focus on something other than us, meaning finding Bekah was my number one priority.