Chapter 24

~*Normal PoV*~

After recollecting all your thoughts, and Gouenji have already and shortly parted away from you, your emotions got the best of you. Your brows knitted together as you immediately raised your right hand up and...

SLAP!

You slapped Gouenji cold and hard.

Everything was a blur to the flame striker, before he knew it, you and your cat have already left the building, only leaving a red stinging sensation on his left cheek...

.
.
.

You didn't know what got through you, but you immediately ran off, you didn't let the male process anything nor did you let him have a second to speak and explain anything to you. You didn't know if you were in the wrong or right but you knew one thing for sure,

he kissed you as a sign of his affection.

You don't know what to do, what to say, how to react, it felt overwhelming for you. You clenched your fists tighter as you continued running, your cat tightly holding onto your shoulder, you were not aware of where you were heading but before you knew it, you were already by the creek. You panted, trying to catch your breath as you looked down to see a mini soccer field and two people were playing. You saw a teal haired male and a brunette, you assumed it was Kazemaru and Endou playing soccer. You exhaled sharply as you thought that it wasn't the best time to talk to someone, but as you were about to run away again, someone called your name.

"Uwa-! (L/n)!! (L/n), over here!" Endou's loud cheerful voice called out to you. You whipped your head to look at the direction below you and saw Endou waving his hand high at you, you knew he was inviting you to play with them, knowing the soccer captain, he is down for a play. You also saw Kazemaru waving but his hand was not raised as high as Endou's.

Your brows knitted a bit, in conflict. It would be rude of you to suddenly walk away and ignore them, and so, you heaved a sigh and went to the nearby staircase and walked down to them, each steps were heavy as the scene from earlier kept flashing inside your head... You felt that you betrayed Kidou and you also felt betrayed by Gouenji. You thought that Gouenji betrayed the two of you and once you'll tell this to Kidou, things would definitely not end well. Your face was not at ease when you approached the two soccer players. You forgot to wear you 'mask' as your visible eye looked dim and dull, anger and sadness shown in it. The males looked at each other in concern and in confusion as they immediately knew you were down. I mean, you don't usually look upset, you mostly looked either happy, neutral or blank but not bothered.

"Oh...(L/n)-san, are you okay?" Kazemaru was the first to speak up to you as he swiftly wiped his face and hands with his small towel that rested on his shoulder. He was careful of the cat that still rested on your shoulder, somewhat feeling that Yuki might bite him or scratch him if he approached you the wrong way.

It took you a while to respond, tears threatening to spill but you held it back, not daring to blink as you knew if you decided to close your eyes, your tears would soon continuously fall down. You kept your chin up, made sure your voice was steady, clearing your vocal chords despite your heavy and aching heart. "Yeah, I'm fine..." You pursed your lips as soon as you spoke, your voice cracked.

"Great! How about a game of soccer?!" You didn't know what to say or how to respond 'cause you thought that Endou was probably being dense or possibly brushing your feelings away. You stayed silent and chose not to speak about Endou's behavior.