I wish he could continue saying that.. I wish I didn't have to come in and ruin everything completely, for all of them.

I'm nothing but a ticking time bomb that will go off any time, any place. 

"Well I'm glad you feel that way." I smiled.

"I.. Thanks Diana, for showing me what life's all about." He shrugs, turning to me.

Nodding, my eyes locked with his blue ones, which were the color of mine. Wow, but it felt different to look into someone else's blue eyes..

"Diana?" I hear someone snicker as I quickly turn around.

No..

I tensed, gulping.

These were the kids at school, who would constantly bully me.. Tell me I was nothing but a God freak.

I hated that name, especially being called all those horrible names. It wasn't pleasant.

It was them, the whole popular group that wouldn't get off my back ever since my first day at high school.

Suddenly, I felt really small once again. Yeah, Luke had lifted me for such a little time before I am once again at the bottom as soon as I see them.

I think her name was Hannah.

Her two other girl friends looked at Luke in such a.. Disgusting way. Not in a disgusted way, but in such a lustful way. I didn't like it. Luke looked terribly uncomfortable.

"Who are they?" He asked me quietly.

"Just some people at school.. Luke can we just go home." I sighed, suddenly getting really anxious. I didn't want to start anything, or get humiliated like I always did. Summer was my time to be free as well, I didn't want to be brought down once again.

"Woah, is that.. You're from that one band." She pointed.

"Who the hell is he?"

"I don't know, he's cute. Why the fuck are you hanging out with her?" Hannah tilted her head, with a sly smirk as I pursed my lips.

"Diana sitting in front of a church with her little boyfriend. Well isn't that so sweet." The guy said, snickering. I didn't know his name, but I've seen his face before.

"Stop it." Luke frowned, grabbing his guitar and gathering all the song sheets before he grabbed my hand, pulling me towards him protectively. "Let's go, Diana."

"What, you finally stopped believing in God and got someone else to protect you now? Wow, I'm surprised." Hannah laughed, crossing her arms. "I thought you'd be stuck in your room praying to your damn God for the rest of your life. Finally you knock a little sense into yourself and finally get fucked. Right, virgin mary?" She raises her eyebrows as I felt tears prick in my eyes.

"Don't you dare, speak about him that way. He's the reason we're all alive, he's the reason we're all breathing. Can't you just--"

"We get it, we've read the bible." The guy groaned, rolling his eyes.

Looking down at my feet, I grasp Luke's arm as I slightly, hide behind his tall figure. I didn't know what to do, I never did. That's why I simply just hid.

"Would you stop treating her that fucking way?" He angered. "You don't know a single thing about her, so why even continue." Luke snarled, as I hold him back when I felt him move forward.

The guy laughs, as he walks up to him.

"And so, what are you going to do about it if we do?" 

Luke grits his teeth, nearly dropping his guitar before punching him in the face.

My heart raced, this wasn't supposed to happen.. Not in front of the church..

He stumbled back from the impact, the whole possy gasping and nearly running away. But this guy, just.. He throws a punch back at Luke and my stomach is in knots.

Gasping, I didn't know I was crying until now as a tear streamed down my face.

He picked up the song sheets, ripping nearly all of them into pieces as my heart fell.

"Stop, just stop it!" I pleaded weakly, as I sobbed.

I watch the shreds of paper float away with the wind as I couldn't help but feel guilty. So guilty.

Sobbing, I held a hand to my mouth as I hear a car stop by.

"Diana!" Annabelle yelled, thank God. "Get the fuck out of here before I call the cops.''

And so they did leave.. The cowards they were.

"Y-you didn't have to do that." I gushed, shaking my head.

"Shh, I'm fine." He says, shaking his head as he clenched his jaw.

"No you're not, Luke you're bleeding." I cried, as I help him up, taking a good look at his face.

Annabelle runs out of the car, helping me take Luke into the car as she looks at me with wide eyes.

"What happened?" She muttered,  shaking her head.

"Luke I'm so sorry, all the songs we wrote I--"

"Diana, it's okay. We can always rewrite them.''

Annabelle grabs his guitar and sets it in the back seat with a sigh.

"No, they.. They were so important to you and.. Now they're all gone." I sobbed weakly, shaking my head.

"Come here." He whispers, motioning me in.

Climbing into the car, I sniffled slightly hiccuping.

"Okay, I'm driving you two home. Luke you've got to get cleaned up." Belle was just as anxious as I previously was. Now, I was just devastated. And.. Sad.

Luke leans over from his seat, gently taking my face in his hands as I slowly purse my lips, trying to hold my tears back.

"It's okay, Diana.'' He repeats, wiping my tear stained cheeks with the tip of his thumb.

He takes his lip ring in between his teeth, pulling a small smile hopefully.

I sighed shakily, nodding once.

"Don't listen to them alright? All they want to do is bring you down, don't let them do that, ever." He shakes his head. "You're so strong Diana, I know you can take them on."

I didn't say anything, as my eyes flickered over to his lips.

What was this? I tried to look away, but I couldn't.

"D-does it hurt?'' I squeaked, pointing at his pierced lip as he chuckled lightly.

He shakes his head no, with a smile. "No, looks pretty cool doesn't it?"

.

.