Chapter 1: The New Neighbor

3:37 Pm Seoul, South Korea

My mouth opened and my eyes widened. Seriously? I must be hearing wrong.

"Jennie, you're crazy! Baekhyun is totally not serious about this relationship!" I exclaimed my arms flaring.

"Rosé," she rolled her eyes pulling my arms down. "We've been dating for a week now, what's so wrong about meeting his parents?"

I opened my mouth to list a infinite number of reasons but Jisoo, our long time friend, walked over to our table and took the empty seat next to Jennie smiling brightly.

"Chaeyoung is right." Jisoo said using my birth name. Her long black hair laid perfectly on her shoulders as she shoved kimbap into her mouth. "Baekhyun is known for his short term relationships, if you ask me it's not exactly 'boyfriend material.'"

"But I didn't ask for your thoughts on my boyfriend, come on guys, you haven't even met him."

"And I'm not planning too." I said sternly grabbing my tuna sandwich and throwing it in the garbage.

"Men like that are only into sexual relationships, I hope you understand how much I disprove of your boyfriend." I stomped my foot walking out of the cafeteria absolutely infuriated with Jennie's style in men.

Call me controlling or whatever. Jennie has been my friend since I moved to Korea a couple of years ago.

I've been with her through thick and thin and I know her style of men always end up breaking her heart. I will not stand for it this time.

No more late night sobbing and going through buckets of ice cream for a man that wasn't serious about you from the start.

I shook my head. Meeting Baekhyun parents? So early in the relationship? That sent obvious red warning lights.

I sighed exiting the building. Jennie's current job for the summer had free employee lunch, so it wasn't hard for her to sneak Jisoo and I into the building for a no payment lunch.

The sun shined brightly in comparison to my black jeans and T-shirt.

Today surely marked the first day of spring. You know, the pretty flowers blooming and young couples holding hands in the sunlight. It was something straight out of a fantasy book.

I scoffed grabbing my bike.

Even though it's been 7 years since I moved to Seoul, South Korea, the unfamiliarity I had with the city was saddening. The only person who could relate with me was Lisa. Another close friend of mine. She moved here from Thailand to attend a college.

I suspect she is studying right now. Working hard to achieve her dreams.

I sighed. Why couldn't I have the same type of mentality?

My sister is a financially stable lawyer with a boyfriend whom she's been dating for a few months now.

The last guy I dated was a little over a year ago and it barely lasted a month. Everytime the girls try to hook me up with somebody it turns out terribly wrong.

I'm just destined to be alone.

                                    ✦

9:36 PM  Seoul, South Korea

I chained my bicycle leaving it against the wall. My last bicycle was stolen as a result to my carelessness, but not this time. Bicycles are much too expensive.

The lamp next to my apartment building flickered. The night sky was darker than usual leaving a sense of uncomfortableness around me.

I spent the day with the girls. We managed to get Lisa to join us in Karaoke, we drank soju, made fun of Jennie's boss, and basically had a fun night.

I climbed up the stairs but froze in my steps, almost fainting at the black figure that a few meters away from my apartment door.

Last time I checked, I had no neighbors.

My mind went to a million different thoughts. All of the scenarios ends up with me screaming bloody murder.

What the hell?

I'm getting robbed.

I grabbed my phone from my back pocket and cursed gently. It had no battery.

I looked at my surroundings my eyes landing on a thick piece of tree branch.

I cannot believe I'm doing this, I thought to myself charging at the black figure like a crazy person who had a little too much to drink.

I screamed as I hit the figure in the back of the head. I immediately dropped the stick surprised at my own actions.

I just did that. I just hit a random person on the head with a tree branch. Holy shit!

The figure bend down groaning in pain rubbing it's head.

"Fuck, what was that for?" A man with a low said.

I stared at his back. "W-who are you?" I questioned wanting to squeeze into a hole and never come out.

"I'm trying to smoke, you fuc-" the man turned his head with furrowed eyebrows but softened at the sight of me.

My eyes widened. His face was hardly what I suspected. Big doe eyes, a refined jawline, and black messy hair. Definitely not what I expected.

"Wait, do you live here?" He asked pointing to my apartment door.

I nodded my head.

"Well, That changes things up quite a bit. I really wasn't expecting a girl my age." He examined me with wide eyes. "Hmmm, my name is Park Chanyeol, I'm your new neighbor."

I gripped my keys tighter. I hit my neighbor on the head with a tree branch. Could this get any more embarrassing?

"Um, pleasure to meet you. I'm Chaeyoung." I bowed hiding my flushed face.

Chanyeol chuckled slightly, a deep rich chuckle.

"See you around, Chaeyoung." He said opening the door to his apartment still rubbing his head.

                                    ✩  ✩  ✩

               (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Hello readers  ♥ 

I've been going back and editing this chapter a lot, since it's sort of an introduction to the story. So, if you do come back and read the first chapter, you'll notice small changes.

Also, your comments and thoughts are greatly appreciated, i always like to read what you guys have to say.

Thank you - Jules