Part 27

Part27

Khushi woke up from her sleep jerking. There was no symptom of her husband. Their room was dark. She switched on the light and looked at the clock which shows 4:20 am. Means he already left? She rushed to the washroom. Within fifteen minutes she came downstairs getting fresh. She had already decided what to do. She saw Ratna and Arvind having tea. They passed a quick glance to each other.

Ratna: Khushi why did you wake up so earlier? Chotte already left to the Airport.

Khushi: why didn't he wake me up?

Arvind: He is always like that Beta. He won't disturb anyone.

Ratna: What's that in your hand?

Khushi: It's his medicine. I forgot to keep it in his bag.

Ratna: Hey Devi Maiya. What to do now?

Khushi: I will give it to him before he leaves.

Arvind: No problem Khushi, give it to me I will give it to him.

Khushi: It's ok uncle. What will I do being at home? I will go.

Ratna: But Khushi, Mohan went to drop Chotte. Then how will you go?

Khushi: I can drive.

Saying that, she rushed outside, didn't want to extend the conversation as she was running out of time. "Early morning Road" was enough free to drive fast. Khushi drove towards her destination as speedily as possible, didn't want to miss Arnav. She reached the Airport by taking very less time which a professional driver takes to reach.

Arnav was waiting outside the terminal as Ratna already informed him about Khushi's arrival. He saw Khushi was rushing inside looking for him. She stopped in front of him panting. Arnav was looking at her without disturbing because she need some time to compose.

Arnav: What's the necessary to do this? he asked calmly.

Khushi(showing his medicine while breathing hard): You left your medicine at home.

Arnav: I packed another set of medicine in my hand luggage.

Khushi was not surprised. She already knew it. In fact, She did not come here to give him medicine. It was an excuse to see him before he leaves India.

Khushi(with fake angry): Why didn't you tell me before?

Arnav(smilingly): When my wife wants to see me before leaving then why should I stop her?

Khushi: That's why you left home without bidding bye to me? (she asked without thinking)

Arnav: I don't know you will feel this much serious.

Khushi: Keep this medicine, this will help you if your trip extends. (she expected him to say "no, it won't")

Arnav(taking it from her): Then you will be free for some more days.

Khushi: As if you won't torture me by calling?

She just wanted to know that either he will call her or not as he said before.

Arnav: I already told you I won't disturb you in these days. This will be a golden period of your life. Enjoy it in fullest.

Don't know why it pricked Khushi. she looked at him controlling her tears hard, like, "don't you really call me?" But she believed he will... He can't be sit calmly without doing anything naughty.

Khushi: Let see (she challenged)

Arnav (smirked): Go home. Drive safe. Over speed is not good. You reached earlier than Mohan. Don't do it again.