iii) Sanguis Opera

Start from the beginning

However, the second week provided a different reasoning, and that came with Rin's quirk. They had her repeat her prior week's work, however Rin sat there with her, manipulating the chemicals within her body at the same time and explaining exactly what he was doing with what chemicals, and how he was manipulating them. Bringing adrenaline forth when she'd begin using her quirk to manipulate her energy on her, the melatonin shifting to make her drowsy, influencing endorphins to manipulate the opiate receptors to cut off pain or turn it back on, all sorts of things she had been told was possible for her to use on her own self, and through extension, she could use on wounded out on the field.

'The amount of delicate control you have with your quirk is truly astounding, Kennedy-chan, even for me, and I've been watching everything in your head as you do it.' Yamamoto Shoko, a tall woman with blonde hair and grey eyes, told her as she worked in the back of the hospital room they had been given use of that week. 'You can not only use it to sculpt your own so intricately into a near-perfect match of a patient's own, but you can direct it to the most affective areas within a patient and manipulate their body to begin to work in those specific areas with the transfusion itself. If I hadn't already been made perfectly aware of your background, I would worry about the repercussions of a child having such a dangerous quirk at such a strong potency.'

Zinnia's reply never came, as she inadvertently struggled with the strange feeling of her body being manipulated so subtly by the ravenette sitting on the floor right in front of her.

'We believe that once you learn how to manipulate the chemicals and finer pieces that put together the human mind, the sheer scope of what you can do to help a patient would broaden to such extremes that you could step out there onto disaster zones and save those who would otherwise die before paramedics can get them to safety.'

'That's right.' Rin agreed with a kindly smile. 'For some of the worst-off, especially in villain-caused disasters, terror and panic cause more damage than a chunk of rubble pinning a victim's leg. If you can learn to manipulate the finest details in a patient on the field just as efficiently as you can search through a patient's body for finite bleeds and out of place clots, you would become an invaluable piece in today's society. You could become just as well known and skilled as Hero Thirteen in such a field.'

But she didn't know if she was good enough.

She honestly didn't feel like even her best was good enough for anyone.

Because if she couldn't save the one person she even learned to use her quirk for, then truly, she couldn't save anyone.

Week three was taken to far higher extremes, with her tutoring being taken to a warehouse in a nearby district, where a third person stood in wait. A tall, middle aged, balding man with an expression so cold it could be carved from stone and black eyes stood in the centre of the warehouse. The third and final favour Seiya had called in was a man who Seiya knew from the Police department, known simply as Slate, he was a man who was often in charge of escorting felons to prison, regardless of how hard they resisted.

And unlike the fine-tuning for medical purposes her quirk usage had been tailored for over her whole life, this was the hardest, and most nerve wreaking take she had been foisted with.

She had to learn how to properly use her quirk for combat, fending off a monster of a man with a terrifying enhancement quirk at his disposal. With the stone floor of the warehouse, Slate absorbed the very ground into his skin and took on its properties with terrifying skill.

By the end of the first night that third week, Zinnia was pummelled black and blue, and the warehouse was littered with holes in the floor and splays of blood, painting a gruesome scene for any unsuspecting person who happened upon the location. The following days were worse, if possible.