Loki, brother of Thor

Start from the beginning

"Agent Hill, I need you to make sure the Phase 2 prototypes are shipped out," Nick told her.

"Sir, is that really a priority right now?" Maria asked.

"Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on," Nick told her. "Clear out the tech below. Every piece of Phase 2 on a truck and gone."

"Yes sir," Maria told him, walking away, leaving.

Nick and Kevin walked toward Solveig.

"Talk to me, Doctor," Nick told him.

Solveig walked toward them. "Director."

"Is there anything we know for certain?" Nick asked.

Solveig and Kevin looked at each other. "The Tesseract is misbehaving,"

"Is that supposed to funny?" Nick asked.

"No, it's not funny at all," Kevin answered. "The Tesseract is not only active, she's behaving."

"I assume you pulled the plug," Nick told him.

"She's an energy source," Kevin told him. "We turn off the power, she turns it back on. If she reached peak level..."

They walked past the Tesseract.

"We prepared for this, gentlemen," Nick told them. "Harnessing energy from space."

"We don't have the harness," Solveig told them. "My calculations are far from complete. And she's throwing off interference, radiation. Nothing harmful, low levels of gamma radiation."

"That can be harmful," Nick told them. "Where's Agent Barton?"

"Hawkeye?" Solveig asked. "Up in his nest, as usual."

Kevin sighed, walking toward the balcony, looking up at Clint Barton / Hawkeye. "

Clint stood, walking downstairs to join Kevin. "Levin."

They walked toward the others. "Where's Natasha?"

"Working an interrogation," Clint answered.

Kevin looked at the balcony, speaking to Clint. "You know, you were given this detail so you could keep a close eye on things."

"Well, I see better from a distance," Clint told him.

"Have you seen anything that might set this thing off?" Kevin asked.

A scientist looked at Solveig. "Doctor, it's spiking again."

Clint looked at Kevin. "No one's come or gone. And Selveig's clean. No contacts, no IMs." Solveig walked toward the scientist. Clint and Kevin reached Nick. "If there was any tampering, it wasn't at this end."

"'At this end'?" Nick repeated.

"Yeah," Clint answered. "The cube is a doorway to the other end of space, right? Doors open from both sides."

Solveig was typing on a computer. "Not yet."

The Tesseract stone sparked and glowed.

The building started to shake.

A stream of light shot out of the Tesseract stone, creating a portal on the other side of the room. It glowed brightly for a moment, sparking away, flying up to a part of the ceiling, striking it hard, staying there.

Armed guards walked toward where the portal had been.

Loki from Asgard was there, looking up, smirking. He was holding a scepter.