A5158

To say that Arahabaki was God or a 'god' was a falsehood, but to say that he was a being of great power was an understatement. He was a force of nature, a destructive ordained force upon the world.

Arahabaki should not be sealed, yet he was. He was placed in several vessels, but none worked. The scientists that tried to contain him like that were foolish.

He observed the newest body he had been funneled into with contempt. A red headed, pale skinned, scrawny child.

He decided to stay silent, his power would destroy the child soon. No need to rub salt into the wound of a soon to be dead kid.

Five hours later, the kid still hadn't died. Most of his vessels were burnt out by the five hour mark. Arahabaki roused himself and decided that the kid deserved a second glance.

Ah, this redhead's soul burned brightly. A fiery tenacity that refused to die even when doused by failures.

XXX

Age 8

Something had been added to Chuuya's mind. It did not feel cramped, as if someone had stuffed something into his skull.

There used to be cavern walls that encircled his mind. Now, a never ending cliff surrounded him.

He wandered close to the edge and looked down. A sharp incline of dirt and rock fell unfaltering into a dark abyss.

'Hello?' The child asked, fear of falling was close to quenching his courage.

A curl of amusement was heard in the answer, 'hello.'

In his shock, Chuuya started and fell on his butt.

'What do you have to be surprised about? If you greet something, do you not expect it to answer?' The rich voice snarked.

The boy gathered up his courage, 'who, what, are you?'

'You are quite bold for a child. You may call me...Corruption.' It was a fitting name, for that is what the being planned to do: Corrupt his vessel, wear the child down to a flickering spark. Once that happened, he could rampage and destroy what he pleased.

'...I'm Chuuya,' the child cautiously replied.

XXX

Age 15

"It talks to you."

Chuuya rolled his eyes, "yes."

"You're sure you aren't crazy?" Dazai joked.

Chuuya punched his partner in the shoulder. The redhead scoffed, "says the suicidal maniac."

The brunette grinned, "okay, okay. What does it say?"

Chuuya frowned, "Corruption points out things about other people, but usually very sarcastically."

"Huh. Can you hear it when I use my ability?"

"Nope."

XXX

"I want to die and you want to live. What does Corruption want?" Dazai asked out of the blue one evening.

"It wants to be amused and be free."

"And free means your death?"

Chuuya sighed, "exactly."

XXX

Age 16

Chuuya got hit on the back of the head near the end of a fight with some thugs. One of the men had managed to grab hold of a baseball bat and swing when Chuuya had been fighting three of his allies.