Faërie and Associations

The no mere admirer, but a deep life-lover, practitioner of fantasy worlds, of extranatural events, of the very universe of Faërie – is he who is well versed in two books: the book of life and the book of truth – to see, in the ever progressing beyond, what possibilities lie in store – and to reproduce them as actualities.

You must have spent much time of deep exposure to the elements of being in diverse fashions and kinds to learn practically what life is; again, no idling away must there be found, or else all labour is to no avail. Likewise, applying yourself within the pale of Being's legation must be duly attached – so that truth is not only adored, but embraced and implemented, and walked in accordance with; so that truth permits, or serves as a skeleton and body, for the breath of Life.

Those who have been found deficient in the one, Life, or in the other, Truth, or in both – have sadly come to ill or no good fruit in the land of Imagination; the first of the triad, who have not Been, - have not received the visions that are worthy of note; the second type – have not learnt to enter, to resolve into characters the multifarious mysteries of Life; the third – have neither duly sought out to secure the former, nor the latter.

The world of Faërie can be seen as a detalisation of certain principles existing in the spiritual world; which means, that the world of Imagination derives from the world of Truth – the world as it is – rather than those notions which have been erroneously imposed by traditions of men and weak minds of men. But, above all, truth serves life, as the anointed Psalmist quoth:

Send out thy light and thy truth!

and, to render the text verbatim:

Ps. 43:3 O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles.

God's Life is in the quality of light – indeed, this enables the sub-creator, the parent of those beautiful fantasies to see and to receive; next comes truth, which enables to document faithfully; Life and Truth as two consorts are thus together to resolve in one, astounding, goal – New Life; New Creation; New Being; which is upon 'thy holy hill,' in 'thy tabernacles.'

Those are the mysterious faraway worlds of possibility; those the mesmerising heights; and, if at times they are gloomy and convey a menace, it is only to prove a point of contrasting, light and truth.

The drawer-up of Faërie is a person versed in the general and the particular, in deeper harmonies and sacred jewels of spiritual lore; he sits alike to a dwarf in his mountain with treasures of gold, and observes it carefully lest thieves steal up to steal.

First, versed in the general: there is one path, one thread-line, one ruling (and frequently overruling) conceit, that is, design, theme, or vision, to which others come in due subordination – Light and Truth forming one concerted union – 'let them lead me.' A creator of this distinguished sort holds fast, and staunchly, to the goal in mind, and never rests till it is brought forth in the end.

Next, the particular: 'let them bring me.' Without the finesse; the peculiar turn and flourish; without the initial, medial, and final means that buoy up the vessel to its destination – even the general is impossible; but when once you get carried away by wrong particulars, or uncongenials, - the general is as good as lost.

And thus, third should be listed: conversance in deeper harmonies: live and learn is the motto for this achievement. Spiritual lore does not come without a fight; and many fights, and wisely, must be conducted afore you have the key, and the door swings open –

ADMITTING YOU IN.