Chapter Five

Chapter Five:

Thank God for weekends. My legs were bruised and scratched still from my hours lost in the forest, I massaged and lotioned and oiled and iced them every hour, hoping to speed up the healing process. Raymond, the proud own of Lipstick, would not let me work on the stage if I looked like I was attacked. Nobody wanted a bruised and beaten girl dancing for them.

It worked, though only to an extent. It was at least enough to cover the rest up with makeup, which is exactly what I did right after walking through the front doors of the strip club. Hiding out in the back room until Miguel, the stage director and one of the bouncers, called me to the stage.

"You're looking good tonight mama," Precious, real name unknown, winked at me as she slathered lotion over her leg. Precious was beautitful, there wasn't anyone who could deny that. She had curves but a flat stomach, toned muscles, lightly tanned skin, long legs and the works. She worked hard to maintain her body, and when someone got a compliment from her, she meant it, as she rarely talked to anyone, and as far as we could tell, never lied about anything.

"Thank you, you too."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I was getting so tired of walking, my feet ached and my.. well everything. I was in desperate need of a bike, I decided as I moaned and groaned on my way to Forks High.

"You want a ride?" I jumped, not having heard the truck pull up, it was worse off than even Paul's, but the person in it was familiar, and so I accepted Bella's offer. "You looked pretty miserable," she smiled slightly, looking at me through the corner of her eye.

I nodded, massaging my legs as I leaned back, happy to get off of them for even a few minutes. "I definitely was, I've been walking everywhere, my blisters have blisters."

Bella chuckled, her white teeth shining slightly. Wow she was beautiful.

"I can give you rides to and from school if you'd like, and I have a bike I haven't used since I've gotten my truck if you want it."

My eyes widened as her words penetrated my mind. I'd barely known her a week and she was already offering me rides and bikes, jesus when I picked someone to become friends with, I really pick them!

"Are you serious?"

"Well yeah, I dont see why not. I dont use the bike, and you probably dont live too far from where I picked you up, so it wont cost too much extra in gas either. There are some days when I may not be able to pick you up, because I'll be going over to Edward's after school and sometimes he picks me up in the morning, however any day that I can, I'd be happy to give you a ride."

"That'd be great!" I didn't even care about the fact that I didn't want anyone to know where I lived, I had rides to and from school, which meant I didn't have to rush through my morning ritual after work but before school! "Thank you so much, Bella."

Once we made it to the school, we walked to her locker together only to find Edward waiting patiently for her arrival. I smiled nervously, saying bye before walking off, not wanting to disturb what little alone time they probably got.

"Nemesis," I heard someone call my name out and immediately after felt them grabbing my hand. Out of pure instinct I turned around, slamming the heel of my palm into their chin without even waiting to see who they were.

"Whoa! Ow ow ow, what the hell Nemesis?" I glared at the boy who had touched me and thought about causing him even more pain. Hasn't he realized I wasn't in the mood for his hormonal bullshit?

"Dont touch me Mike, next time it'll probably be a lot worse."

His eyes darkened and I could see him working his tiny mind around my words before he tensed up, moving closer. Bad idea Mike, I said in my head as I lifted my ready-made fist into the air, ready to crash it down on his tiny little nose.

"Good morning Bella," Edward's brother, Jasper, muttered as he captured my fist and pulled me away from Mike. His hand was frozen, beyond frozen, and hard, not soft as any humans would be. Cold One.... Vampire. A wave of calm washed over me but that didn't stop me from thinking about this. Could it actually be possible?

Of course it could be, the Quileute's legends had to have come from reality. This reality. The Cullen's, or at least Jasper, were vampires.

Oddly enough, I didn't care. You'd think I'd have been terrified, run screaming from the school, but instead I forced those thoughts to the back of my mind and smiled at the boy who'd saved Mike from a very broken face.

"Good morning."

-------------

[[A/N: Its been a while since i've updated huh? Well here's the next chapter, so I hope you enjoy it :D Tell me what you think :)]]