Scene 4: Ex-Factor 💔

Start from the beginning

"It's not my favorite anymore."

"Then what is?" Her father locked eyes with her pointedly and rubbed his chin in contest making Gaia roll her eyes internally because she wouldn't dare give him the satisfaction of making her back down She wasn't little Lena who followed his every word anymore.

"If you cared like really cared like your pretending to do right now then you would know." Gaia spoke softly but seriously grabbing both of the books off the shelf. With both books in hand, her focus shifted and so did his. His eyes left her because he was embarrassed or some other bullshit emotion Gaia couldn't pretend to think was real.

The books were thrown at his head before she could blink. They landed with a loud thud but not before hitting the side of his head.

His head snapped toward her  with fire in his eyes and Gaia shrugged. How could he scare her when she was raised to be fearless and unforgiving?

The door burst open and in came a gang of people: her Uncle Blu, Ya-ya, and two other women she didn't know.

"What happened?" left all of their mouths in rhythm as they looked left to right at Big Gee and Little Gee.

"Some shit that should've been done." Gaia stated and walked toward the door they came in.

"Gee?"

"What?!" both the father and daughter responded in sync.

Blue, her father's best friend, her personal big teddy bear grabbed her arm gently before Gaia could bolt out of the room and leave this place behind. "please let me go, Blu." Gaia pleaded with him.

"You know I can't do that, Gee. Your father wants to talk to you."

"He went ten years without talking to me, he can go another ten years." Gaia snapped and yanked her arm away from his grasp violently. She was tired and personally she wanted to go home and cry in peace.

"Little girl, your father wants to talk to you and instead of being respectful in his house granting his wish. You assault him, who raised you?" the one of the other woman finally spoke up and gained Gaia's attention. From first glance she was older, probably in her fifties and it showed around her eyes. Although she was aging around her eyes, everything else was flawless. Her makeup look was simple but seamless, dressed in Chanel from head to toe, with a short pixie cut that went well with her angled face shape.

She was the secondary cause of her and her mothers heartbreak.

"Bitch-"

"Maria, watch your fucking mouth!" Her father voice boomed from the corner of the room cutting Gaia off. The veins in his neck were extended and everyone in a fifty feet range could feel the anger rolling off of his body.

"Baby-"

"get the fuck out"

"Wait daddy, she was" the other woman finally found her voice.

"Both of you get out!!" he yelled again startling the targets of the assault as they timidly backed their selves toward the door. The moment the woman known as Maria got in range, she moved closer ready to attack. "GiGi don't do it. You're better than this. Your mother raised you better than this" Sonya touched her shoulder softly causing enough of a distraction to let Maria slide out of the room untouched.

"We'll give you two your privacy." Sonya said exiting the room with Blu following.

"You throw like a girl" Her father stood in front of her wearing a sly smirk.

"You act like a bitch" and that knocked it clean off.

"Who the hell do you think you talking you? I brought you into this world and.."

"And you what?! You'll take me out? Please by all means. Do it. Let's go." Gaia cried and went for the draw behind the desk that always housed the loaded 0.38. She grabbed the gun as he rushed to grab her with wide eyes. When the gun was in hand, she slammed it on the desk. "Do it, my life has been threatened more times in the last 48 hours than my whole life; put me out of my misery. Come on, send me to the only person who loved me."

"Your mother's not dead!"

"But her spirit is." Gaia wiped the tears from her eyes but they were falling faster than she could wipe. "but you didn't know that, huh?"She pushed at his chest aggressively. "You wouldn't know whether she was dead or alive because you left us to rot. You used to say your purpose on this earth was to protect me and mama. But you cast us out into the world defenseless. No money, no car, no house. No nothing, we left those fucking gates outside with the clothes on our backs and you never looked back."

"The King of Emerald City, the biggest drug dealer this portion of the state had ever seen but his first born is struggling to keep the lights on and pay the people to keep the machine on that's keeping her mother's body alive. So one day soon your little girl is gonna have to choose whether to have a roof over her head or lose the one person that never left her?"

"Baby girl" he started but Gaia raised her hand signalling him to stop before he even tried.

"I'm not your baby girl anymore. I stopped being her when you let us leave this place and you brought Maria and the new princess in. I hope they were worth a lifetime of heartbreak you caused me. Have a nice day, daddy. See ya in another ten years."

With her hanging statement, Gaia went for the door and her father didn't stop her.

He never did and that's what hurt the most...

"Bl-u ca-" as she struggled to get the words out through the pain in her chest and emotion threatening to swallow her whole, Blu grabbed his arms around her and walked her out of her childhood home and the place that housed her haunting memories.

They moved in silence through the house and into the car. No one bothered to send a sympathetic look her way until she spotted him on the way out of the garage. The mystery man who started this all. As always like a moth to a flame, her eyes were drawn to his.

In his irises were a sea of trouble and misery in which she knew too well and with a head nod as if he was telling her to pick her head up he mouthed to her through the tint that was impossible to see through but somehow he knew she was there.

"I'm sorry, pray to God for a better tomorrow brown eyes.."