Ch. 15

" Ugh who the fuck is this knocking on my damn door early in the morning " I mumble to myself sliding out the bed putting on my unicorn slippers and pink silk bonnet. I go downstairs and the banging continues even louder.

" Okay okay I'm coming damn " I said opening the door only to see my daddy. I mugged him going in the kitchen to fix me some coffee. " Why you still in bed, it's late and we got alot to do. " He asked watching me.

" Daddy, it's only 7 something in the morning when do you ever get up this early. And where we going, you ain't tell me nothing. "

" Correction it's 11am and I been calling your phone big headed girl but you acting boujee. We having a cookout and Yodie is on her way, that way you can meet her. " He said walking around looking at things.

I rolled my eyes putting the creamer in my coffee then going to the steps. " Whatever daddy, I'll be down give me 20 " I said going up the steps to my room.

***************

" Who all going be there cause you know I don't fuck with everybody. " I asked my daddy as we ride around in his car talking enjoying another company. " Your grandma, Lisa, candy with her bad ass kids and some more folks. Too many people to keep up with "

Lisa was my cousin on my momma side she come around ever once in a while and when she do, she keep up mess she ain't nothing be 19. With 2 bad ass kids but then there is candy she my auntie she had damn near 6 kids, but she was the chill laid back one let you do anything and sometimes that was the problem.

" Did you find out who killed momma " I said looking over at him as he drive. He cluched his jaw and tighten his grip on the wheel. " Not yet, I'm working really hard on it. They say it's some young nigga, I'm working on it and so is my guys but this nigga real hard to find. Him and his little friends. "

" Wow why would somebody do that tho, plus they young just don't understand that for real. Just want them to know they killed the wrong muthfucker, pay back a bitch for they ass "

" Don't worry, around next week we should know who it is and I want you to kill them "

" I don't mind at all just have my favorite gun. " I said looking out the window seeing we was pulling up at his house.

It was a few cars here because the cook out didn't start until 2pm. I got out and walk to the door going in. I took off my shoes at the door and the marble floor was all I felt under my feet until I went in the living. There I saw my grandma Norah but we just call her mama she was the head of my family, my daddy side didn't like that because they always think low of us. My grandma & my dad mom never saw eye to eye they would get into it ever chance they get.

She looked up at me with a big smile and got up. " Oh my goodness look at my healthy baby. " She said hugging me real tight, after everyrhing that happened to me at the hospital she ain't seen me since.

" Hey mama, I'm so happy to see you. " I said looking at her, she look so young only because she take care of her body and face. When I see her my mom was all I saw. " But you don't call sugar, now come on help me cook this food " She said grabbing my hand leading me into my daddy big kitchen.

" I know grandma, it's just alot really been going on. " I said washing my hand then going back over to her helping with the cheeseburgers. " And that's why I want you to help me so we can talk so, how you and Kentrell doing after everyrhing ? "

I sighs and rolled my eyes looking another direction. " We talk and he told me that I knew i was pregnant and I just didn't care because I was taking shots back to back. Also I didn't care about his feelings " I said