paid escape | chpt. 13

"Finally, we're done." Sean heavily sighed, falling onto his back.

Jeyna chuckles as he stretches his body out on the floor. "Yeah, that took a lot of effort." She teased.

Sean turns his head to her and raises an eyebrow, "Oh yeah, you're right Ms. 'I'll lay in your bed and watch.'" Sean teased making Jeyna giggle.

"Oh woops." Jeyna teased again, pushing herself up and giving Sean a hand.

Sean smiles as he extends his hand out and pushes himself up to his feet while she lightly pulled.

"Well, I better get you home." Sean remembered after catching a glimpse of the time.

"You've never been more right." Jeyna rolls her eyes playfully, walking over to the restroom to fix her hair.

"We gotta sneak you out first though." Sean reminded her, leaning on the door frame.

Jeyna hums in agreement as Sean's eyes gets lost in her long hair. He imagined how it would look if it were to be let down and not tied up.

"So what's the plan?" Jeyna interrupts his thoughts when she turns around to find him staring directly at her.

Jeyna suddenly feels self conscious and clears her throat, "So-uh.."

"Wait, did I do something? I'm sorry." Sean cuts her off, noticing the change in her body language the moment she caught him staring.

Jeyna sees the genuine concern and smiles small, "This is still strange for me, like to have this much human to human interaction."

She felt crazy telling him that, she knew he probably wouldn't understand.

"I think you need some coffee or something." Sean chuckled.

"I hate coffee." Jeyna says with a slightly cringed look.

"Me too." Sean laughs before Jeyna joined along.

"Okay, to make it up. What about some ice cream?" Sean tilts his head with shrugged shoulders, wiggling his eyebrows at her playfully.

"Hmm.." She pretends to look around, bringing a finger to her chin pretending to think. "Tempting.."

"Oh shut up! Let's go!" Sean giggles, pulling her out of the restroom gently and grabbing his phone.

Sean lets go of her and dials Serris' number. After a few minutes of waiting, Serris comes up telling the both them that the coast was clear. Their parents were taking their afternoon nap and they won't be out and about 'til a few hours later.

Jeyna grabs all her belongings before Sean and her make a dart for the front door and into the Uber Sean had called. The ride was silent, just the sound of their finger tips typing and scrolling on their phone screens could be heard.

Every now and then they both would sneak a short glance at the other just to ease their curiosity on what they could be doing.

"Here you go." The Uber driver smiles at them as he parks the car by a near grocery store, one close to Jeyna's place ofcourse.

"Thank you." They both say as they collected their stuff and headed inside the store.

Sean keeps his hat secured on his head as Jeyna is sure to keep an eye out for any of his fans.

"You know I got caught here." Sean chuckled under his breath.

"Oh great." Jeyna rolled her eyes with a short snicker.

"Yeah, it was by the soda section. I was looking at the Pepsi cans I forgot I was even on." Sean chuckled once more, beginning to look through the ice cream selections.

"Just when I thought you couldn't be more full of yourself." Jeyna joked making Sean look at her amusingly.

He was happy with how she's slowly coming out of her shell and breaking down her wall a brick at a time.

"Well for your information-- cookie dough or choco mint?-- I haven't seen them 'til that moment unlike you and a bunch of others." Sean laughs, holding out the containers of ice cream.

Jeyna quickly debates before picking, "Cookie dough. Also, for your information.. I don't like Pepsi which means I haven't seen them so sorry to break your heart, heart breaker." Jeyna winked, grabbing the ice cream and turning on her heel.

She didn't know where this burst of confidence came from, it was so foreign.

But she liked it.

So did Sean.

"You're really starting to grow onto me." Sean teased, catching up to her.

"Sorry to disappoint, but I'm fully capable of watering my roots." Jeyna quirked an eyebrow at him as Sean looks at her astonished with her metaphor.

"Okay AP student, okay." Sean puts his hands up in mock surrender.

Jeyna just giggles before they both begin to check out their ice cream and head back to her apartment.

"So what do you wanna do when we get to your place?" Sean asks nonchalantly.

Jeyna looks at him with a "really" look on her face, "Well I'm gonna eat ice cream, you're free to grab some as you leave." Jeyna smiles sarcastically.

"Oh c'mon!" Sean bumps his shoulder on hers playfully, "You know you want me to stay." Sean winks making her roll her eyes.

"Do I? Do I really?" Jeyna raises an eyebrow as she approaches her front door.

"Yes, yes you do." Sean smiles charmingly before walking in before her and plopping down on her couch.

"Why can't I get you to leave?" Jeyna huffs before taking a seat across him and hugging her tub of ice cream.

"Because you're being paid." Sean says before setting a wad of cash on her coffee table.

$300 dollars cash, like what they had dealed on.