paid escape | chpt. 8

work is making me struggle to keep my eyes open smh

~~~

"A thrift store?"

Sean slightly raises an eyebrow in confusion as he cocks his head at his new found.. acquaintance?

"Hey, you said you wanted to go to a place where no one will recognize you." Jeyna reminds him, walking past him and entering the middle aged store.

After realizing no one was following her, she looks back to find him still staring at the entrance of store. It was as if he was trying to understand a foreign language.

"Well? Are you coming?" Jeyna asks, stopping in her tracks.

"Oh, yeah." He nods, quickly jogging up beside her.

"Alright, let's get you some clothes." She nodded towards the mens area and led the way for him.

"You c'mere a lot?" Sean asks as he looks around in amusement.

He's never been to a thrift store, which is no surprise at all at this point to be honest. Heck, he's never even seen one. He's only heard and been to classy antique stores.

"Sometimes." Jeyna shrugs slightly as she subconsciously skips down the aisle.

Sean notices the little bounce she does while she walks around and he can't help but let a small smile linger the corner of his lips. The bounce made her hair sway in a way you would see in child's commercial and Sean found it adorable.

"What about this?" Sean didn't even notice Jeyna was already helping him pick out clothes.

She holds a black adidas sweatshirt with 2 white stripes going down the sleeves, and the old logo right above the heart, which made it seem more vintage. He stares for a mere moment before shaking his head.

"Nah, I'm more of a Nike person." He tells her.

She nods her head slightly before putting it back on the rack.

"Wait!" He stops her and takes it from her hands.

"What?" She looks at him as she lets him take it. "I thought you didn't want it."

"Yeah, I don't." He shrugs slightly. "But that doesn't mean it won't look good on you." He smiled sweetly.

"We came here for you." She reminds him with a short chuckle before looking through the racks again.

"Oh c'mon." He whined as he held it up to her body. "You should take it. It would suit you nicely." He presisted.

She tilts her head to look at him to find the smile still remained plastered on his face, "Alright, I'll take it."

"Ya--"

"And putting it back on the rack." She smiled innocently before shoving it on the rack and walking away.

"You're mean." He mumbled, following after her.

"Good to know."

After a couple more minutes of looking, Sean settled with a black Nike tee with the simple logo right above the heart. They decided to stay a bit longer just to take a look around after Jeyna realized how amazed Sean was with the place.

Just as Jeyna gets distracted by something at the women's section, Sean discretely walks back over to the men's section. He scans the racks of clothes, trying to remember where she had placed the sweatshirt and was more than happy when he found it almost instantly.

He smiled as he quickly went to pay for it before Jeyna could see and protest.

"Sean?" Jeyna called from across the store, standing on her tippy toes to see past the racks surrounding her.