Part II

I slapped my glass on wooden platform in frustration, with tang of wine whirling in my mouth, I took long forced gulp.

Today was victory celebration of my team here in this pub with everyone enjoying to the fullest while I'm sitting here in a corner with the images of preeta and that guy flashing in my mind with a rewind.

Shristi was happy, dadi was happy, Sarla Aunty was happy and even that kareli is happy because her marriage is fixed, more than happy because it was fixed with the guy with whom i teased her of being an 'chusa hua aam' 'champu' and whatnot.

This morning... no wait this whole day was going to be awesome for me. I was present early morning in her house even though I had a special practice session to attend with following match few hours later at 5:00.
I choose to skip that session for her and play match later in evening

My day kick started with her beautiful, innocent face. Only I know how many fascinating faces she has. Then her shocked changed into annoyed face and i was feeding on it but my pleasure was short lived with the guy being smart, well-mannered, hand...nah he's definitely not good in that section.

One after another incidents happened and i just sat there tensed like an idiot, tied with emotions. Their personal talk, only i know how hard it was to sit straight with all those thoughts of them being alone, preeta being along with a "guy" to be precise was creating havoc in my mind, stoping myself hard from rushing to her room. The unpleasant feeling was terrible but it only increased when they arrived back with preeta offering them sweets, snacks, tea and that guy's continuous stealing glances at preeta.

I had to forcefully indulge preeta in conversation with me but that too was a failed attempt because when ever she replied it was a one word answer with her head set straight not sparing a look at the side guy. Me.

I felt cold slide touching my lips, staring down I realized it was my glass, swirling ice cubes in amber liquid i took another long gulp.

I placed down my glass back on table and slumped resting my both hands on platform. I could feel sudden slight buzz erupting.

Lazily picking up my blinking phone it flashed

'Ms kareli'

Oh so today it was ms kareli. I changed it few hours back. Her name would always change on my phone comparing to my mood and her attitude.

"Hello miss kareli. Did you had a nightmare of that champu?" I asked

"It's not called nightmare Karan it's called dream which I don't need to see while I am living it" preeta replied quick-witted

"Oh so ms preeta Arora is busy living her dreams huh? Then why bother calling me?"
I asked annoyed with her answer

"Just to thank you for coming this morning. I'm so pleased to know that you liked him too" Preeta said in sing-song

"Kitna jhoot bolti ho yaar tum.." I sat straight irritated

"When did I said that" I continued

"Now. You can say now. Dekho Karan there is nothing wrong in accepting that you judge people too soon and you were mistaken"

"Are you mad. I'm not mistaken" She is mad indeed.

"You were mr Karan luthra and you always will be because every person isn't ill mannered like you but this small thing won't fit in your big egoistic mind!" Preeta replied betraying her polite behavior.

"That's what you always think about huh? Karan you are so rude. Karan you are such a jerk.." I mimicked her actions.

"That's what you keep doing all day" I reminded