Memories (Brian x Damien)

Have you ever danced with a demon? Let him hold you tight as your emotions are being told by movements of the two of you,  imagening that the two of you are the only people in the room?

Brian did that. For him, it was the best thing that happened to him on prom night. Just him, Damien, the music...and of course other students.
They got closer and closer with each movement, staring deep into each other's eyes... It was magical.
For the first time in his (after)life, Brian belived in magic. He was looking at the magic itself, and that magic was Damien Lavey.
As their lips met, Brian felt like his heart is about to pop out of his chest.
The demon set fire to his heart, lighten up his world...
He fell in love.

They went to the schoolyard in order to get some fresh air and time to be with each other alone.
They sat on a bench. Damien wrapped his arm around the zombie's waist, as the other laid his head on the demon's chest.
They looked up at the night sky, at the shining stars... it was beautiful.

"If you don't mind me asking..." Damien began to speak, causing Brian to look into his eyes. "Do you have any memories from the days you were...alive?"
Brian was quiet for a moment. He haven't spoke about it so often, not even to his closest friends.
"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." Damien said. "That's fine." Brian said, giving him a soft smile." I don't mind talking about it."
Brian took a deep breath. "What do want to know?"
"Um..." Damien thought. "Do you remember your parents?"
"Yeah." Brian said. "My mother, her name was Diana. She was a great mom... a great cook, optimistic... she was a high school teacher. She died in a car accident  when I was 12 years old."
Brian looked up at the stars, taking a deep breath and continued to speak.
"My father, Edward, became overprotective after my mom died. He used to call me or my little brother, Jake, every minute to check on us. When I was 15 years old, he called when it was too late."
The zombie let out a sigh, pulling his shirt a little bit up to show Damien a bullet hole. "One of the kids brought a gun to school. He hid it so well from the security guards. He began to shoot kids and teachers...I was one of them." Brian explained, looking into the demon's eyes. "He was one of my friends, and yet I was the first kid he shot. That was the first time I've felt heartbroken. It was the last feeling I've had as a human."
"Brian, I'm so sorry about it." Damien said, squeezing his lover's hand.
"Jake was ten years old when it happened. Just an innocent f*cking kid." Brian said as the tears came out of his eyes. "He saw me dying at the hospital. He hugged me as my soul came out of my body."
Damien looked at him, hugging him tight.
"Let it out, Brian." He said, giving the zombie a permission to cry on his chest.
"He didn't deserve this..." the zombie said over and over again as he sobbed.
Damien put soft kisses on Brian's head, whispering calming words into his ear.

It took Brian a few minutes to calm down.
"I'm sorry if I destroyed this evening," Brian said, looking into the demon's eyes.
"That's fine. You needed to let it go. I understand." Damien said, giving him a soft, calming smile.
"I love you." Said Brian.
"I love you too, Brian." Damien said, kissing his nose and pulling him into a tight embrace.

They didn't notice Liam and Oz, who were standing behind them, shocked that Damien has a soft side.