Post-fight pt 2

This couple is always loud. They love shouting each other all the time, sometimes they are just joking around and playing a fool towards each other, laughing their hearts out; sometimes when things go wrong, they will start shouting at each other. For real.

This is a couple that fights quite frequently, which others might be speculating how on earth can they still be together despite fighting with each other so many times. No relationships are perfect, this couple may be fighting a lot, but they definitely have their own way to make their relationship the most out of their 'fight'. Huh, what is it? This story will tell you how.

_______________________________

It was a quiet and peaceful night. The only sound that can be heard in the house is the heater droning quietly across the living room and the strumming of Toru's guitar.

It may seem very peaceful on the face of it, but who knows a fight just took place in this very familiar house.

Never go to sleep when you are feeling angry, is always Toru's mantra. While his partner, Taka, is the complete opposite. Taka gets angry easily, to cool himself off, he will go to sleep and everything will be alright again when he wakes up; his anger gone, the house will be in peace again. Toru, however, does not get angry easily, but when he does it will be a disaster. He will turn into a completely different person, shouting insults, screaming curses, harshly reminding you how terrible you are as a person and how tired is he to tolerate your behaviour all the time, and the next thing he'll do is either lock himself in his room, or he'll just go straight out of the door, who knows will he ever return.

Fortunately, Toru was not that angry. He was just feeling frustrated and nothing else. To cool his head off he chose to stay up for the night to compose a few songs. Music is the only way that heals him, where he finds comfort and the place he belongs. He and Taka knew each other because of music, but it's unsure whether music is the one that takes their relationship to another level. Perhaps? They are the main songwriters in the band, Taka sings and Toru plays the guitar. Their relationship assures them to work together, composing song after song together, maintaining a balance between the members.

Why am I thinking of such stuffs?

He faintly hear the bedroom door being opened, creating a soft creaking noise. Ah, that must be his Taka waking up from his sleep.

Taka sleepily rubbed his eyes, he was wearing a loose T-shirt and a pair of loose shorts, his hair disheveled and unkempt while slowly padding towards the living room, to where Toru is seated. But instead of sitting down beside Toru, he stood beside the couch where Toru was sitting. Only himself knows the reason why.

"Hey baby," Toru's voice was just slightly above a whisper, implying the way he treats his Taka - fragile and delicate.

"Baby I can't sleep..." Taka sounds like a child with his grogginess and sleepiness, whining at his beloved that he had a terrible night.

"What's wrong? Did you had a nightmare again?" Toru patted the blank space on the couch, beckoning Taka to sit down beside him.

Taka sat down beside Toru, but keeping a slight distance between them, making Toru wonder if Taka is still mad at him from the fight earlier this evening. Or that Taka thought Toru is still mad at him. Why on earth will he think so? Taka knows Toru well, he is the kind that gets really scary when he is angry but his anger goes off really easily, and this is his lover in front of him, for god's sake, never in the world he will stay mad towards his significant other. Toru loves Taka from the bottom of his heart and Taka knows it. They might fight, they might yell at each other, they might get angry at each other, but that doesn't last long. In the end, love prevails all of these obstacles and happily ever after exists.

Toru inched closer to Taka and wrapped his arm around Taka's shoulder. Taka didn't wince away or rebel. Toru then pulled Taka closer, letting Taka to rest his head on Toru's shoulder.

"... Yes, I had a nightmare... I couldn't get back to sleep..." Taka slowly said while leaning on Toru's shoulder.

"Poor thing~" Toru planted a soft kiss on Taka's forehead, then slowly turned around to properly pull Taka into an embrace.

"I'm sorry..." Taka mumbled, his voice being muffled as he buried his face into Toru chest.

"Shh..." Toru began to stroke Taka's back in a downward motion, silently comforting him.

They stayed in this intimating position for a few minutes when Toru spoke again "I guess you are tired? Let's go back to sleep, okay?"

Still burying his face into Toru's chest, probably secretly sniffing his lover's scent at the same time, Taka nodded slowly.

Toru slowly pulled away from the embrace and stood up from the couch, attempting to leave the living room but Taka stayed seated while tugging on his arm...

"What's wrong?" Toru turned to look at Taka. Taka spreaded out both of his arms while facing Toru, indicating that he wants a hug...

Toru knows what Taka wants even without saying anything, he scooped Taka into his arms, carrying him bridal style.

"Is that what you want?"

Taka nodded, rested his head on Toru's shoulder while failing to hide his smile.

"You are such a baby..."

"Wrong, I'm your baby."

Toru let out a soft laugh, while Taka did the same. 

They might fight, they might yell at each other, they might get angry at each other...

But in the end, love prevails and happily ever after exists.