Chapter One: In The Slammer

It was 6 AM when the shouting started.

I had no idea what was going on; riots usually happened in the night,  under the calm, and cool darkness. But today, the action was early morning. Jose has his head on our cell door, and is silently crying.       Maybe you don't understand. Jose, with a large, strong jaw, and deep set brown eyes, had the look of a thief. He stole from everybody back in Tijuana, where he was raised. I have been with him for 3 years; he has seen inmates, friends brutally murdered.. but now, he is just pouring water. "Why the hell are you crying?" I say. He barely stutters out "C-c-come l-look at this..". I squeeze in beside him, and when I look out, I am utterly shocked. Paul B, a burgaler from Macon, was lying on the floor in a pool of scarlet-red blood. Paul, with his goatee, with his ginger hair, is dead.. But then I see his stomach. Large intestines hang out of his belly like the top of an umbrella; if an umbrella was made of human organs. As he is lying there, I see Tony Lamento, a mafia boss incarcerated for killing three men, crawl over to him, and sink his teeth in the throat of Paul. Blood spurts out like a fountain, and covers Tony in it... But Tony keeps biting, and chewing, until he has ate through Paul's neck. Jose screams and bangs his arm on the door, which alerts Tony of some fresh meat trapped in a cell. As Tony, or whatever he is now, bangs against our cell door, I quickly pull out the piece of metal that I keep in my pillow case; for emergencies such as riots. I stab the Tony monster in the head, with a soft squeezing sound I pull my makeshift knife out. I look into Tony's eyes, and I see two milky white holes.. Skin is falling off the scalp like onion layers. I look at Jose, and I say "This is a different world now.. Now, are the days of the dead."