chapter 2- Flashback

Start from the beginning

Percy gives me a small laugh. "You were also, like me, a scrawny little dork."

I held my hand out to him, "Well your not wrong." I scan the boy. "But I don't think either of us count a scrawny now."

It's true, the kid was ripped, yet he didn't look healthy.

I convinced Percy to come back up to the living room with me. We walked out of the gym and down the hallway. He followed me to the elevator, and I saw him tense when the doors opened.

Inside, I noticed Percy gripping the rail a little tight.

"If you like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain..." Music played on the speaker. I saw Percy stumble back into the corner.

"No, no, no. Not now." He sounded panicked. Terrified. He sank down into the corner. He had his head in his knees, and arms over his head.

With a jolt, I realized what was happening. The kid was having a flashback. I didn't know what to do, but I knew I needed to get him to the team. Sam, Tony, somebody, has got to know what to do.

Percy was shaking by this point. The door opened, and I scooped up the teenage boy. I was surprised by how light he was. I could also feel his ribs and other bones.i may not be as smart at Tony or Bruce, but I know he was not okay.

I ran into the living room, and sat Percy on the ground in front of the couch.

"Steve, what happened!" Tony exclaimed.

"We got in the elevator and he started freaking out, then he dropped to the ground. He's having a flashback." I tell them in a low voice.

Percy Jackson

I couldn't believe it. We were going to make it. We were actually gonna make it. Me and Annabeth fought our way to the doors. We had already cut the chains, and faced Tartarus! The rest would be easy.

Bob said he would stay, and hold the button. I didn't want to leave him, but I knew we didn't have many options.
Right before we got into the elevator, a hellhound jumped out of nowhere and pounced. It landed on Annabeth, but I quickly kill it. I helped her up, and she staggered a bit.

"Come on Annabeth. Just a little farther. We are almost free!" I tell her. She looks up at me and smiles. Her golden hair is a mess, she is covered in dirt and grim. But to me, right now, she has never looked better.

We stumbled into the elevator, and pushed the doors closed. We had to keep the door closed, I didn't even want to think of what would happen if they got open. But sadly, it was very difficult to do this. We had been in Tartarus for almost two weeks. We were tired, injured, and starving. We had barley any energy left.

Plus the annoying music was not helping. "If you like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain..."

I saw Annabeth was loosing her grip. "Annabeth, look at me." Her stormy grey eyes met mine. I leaned in and kissed her. I could feel her cracked lips, and taste the blood and dirt in her face, but I did not care.
The kiss seemed to renew both of our energies. At least enough to last the 7 minutes we had left.

Time skip-7 minutes

We fell out of the elevator, and landed in darkness. It got hard to breathe. I tried to fight whatever this was, but it was pointless. I soon gave into the inky blackness.

I felt someone shaking me and I opened my eyes. I was in a cavern, and Hazel was above me.

"Percy, oh gosh. I was getting worried." She said quickly. She pulled me into a soft hug. Not wanting to disturb any of my wounds.

"Where's Annabeth?" I ask when she pulls back.

"Right here, we woke you up first." She told me. I looked to her right, and saw my beautiful wise girl laying there.

I crawled over to her, and shook her shoulders. "Annabeth, we're safe now. We're out, we made it out!" I couldn't keep the excitement from my voice.

She wasn't waking up. It was just then that I realized that I didn't see her chest moving. I moved my hand to her wrist, no pulse. I tried her neck. Nothing.

I let out a blood boiling scream. I made it out, I'm free, I'm safe. Yet part if me just died.

I felt a pair of small hands grip my shoulders. I looked up and saw Nico. I felt tears stream down my face. He wrapped me in a hug.
He pulled back and I looked at all of my friends. Jason, Piper, Leo, Hazel, Frank, Nico. They all stood there, mixed emotions on there faces.

Suddenly I felt a tight grip on my upper arms. I heard my name being called. My friends seemed oblivious to this. The voice got louder, then I finally let my mind go blank and follow the voice.

3rd person

After Steve brought Percy into the living room, Sam was the first to act. He had gone to Percy, and gripped his arms. He said calming words to the scared boy. And soon enough, Percy's eyes opened. Tears streaming down his face, he fell into Sam's embrace.

Everyone in the room, (excluding Percy) had the same question on their mind. What could happen to a kid to mess them up this much?

Okay y'all. Now you know how Annabeth died. So I know most of the time tony or steve get Percy out of a flashback, but I like the idea of it being Sam. I mean look at him in CA:WS, he seems like the best for the job.