Chapter Three

Chapter Three 

Niall's POV 

I felt a little disappointed when I saw Haley board the plane. I had had a lot of fun with her today, and knew it'd be almost impossible to stay in contact or try to see each other again. I walked back towards the bar we were all in earlier, trying to figure out a way to make something work.  

I don't know what it was about her, but I really hated the thought of today being all there was between us. We had just gotten along so well, and she was such a nice girl. She also had got on well with the boys, who really seemed to enjoy her company. I really felt like her and I could become really good friends if we had met under other circumstances. This is one of those times that being famous kind of gets in the way of things. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do and it's a dream come true, but sometimes it makes ordinary things, like getting to know a good friend, difficult. We are constantly traveling around the world, and are super busy, and I just miss feeling like I have more control over my life.  

When I got back to the bar, the boys didn't seem to be having too much fun. Most of them were looking at their phones, and they were talking quietly. "I just don't want her to be seeing anything like this if we can help it. Do you think it'd do more harm than good if I posted it?" Harry asked quietly.  

"Posted what?" I asked curiously. They all looked at one another, debating on whether or not they should say anything. 

"It's not really a big deal, but I wanted to post the picture of all of us with Haley on my Instagram. I know she made it private this morning, so she wouldn't directly get hate, but I didn't know if the comments on my picture would be hurtful." He said shrugging. 

"I think you should post it. It'd probably help reassure her that we all truly had fun with her today, and not just Niall." Liam reasoned. 

"Plus, she wasn't going looking for th hate earlier, it was blowing up her phone, I don't think she will have the urge to look through the comments on your picture." Zayn agreed. 

"Okay, I'll post it then." Harry said simply, tapping away at his phone a bit and then setting it down. "It's really a shame we probably won't get to see her again. Is she gonna be going to any of our shows when we are in the states?" 

"I don't know." I answered truthfully. "We could always get her some tickets to our show nearest to her if we stay in contact with her at all. I do really want to see her again though..." I trailed off in thought. 

"I do, too. I guess if we all follow her back on twitter we will be able to DM her if we want to talk to her. Although with the amount of DMs we get, hers might get lost...." Louis suggested tentatively. 

"Wait, she had an iPhone!" I realized excitedly, "That means we can all iMessage her!" 

I immediately opened my twitter to find her DM. I really wanted to find a way to keep in contact with her and this was truly perfect. But, as soon as I got to our conversation, I got a little nervous. The boys noticed me hesitating and looked at me curiously. "I just, I don't know, is it weird of me to ask for her number? Maybe she just thought this would be a one day kinda thing..." 

"Niall, don't be silly, she had a lot of fun. And being who we are, she probably won't try to contact us first or ask for your number. I know it's weird, but it's true. She wouldn't feel comfortable doing that I'm sure." Harry reassured.  

I debated for a second more before deciding he was right and sent, "We all had a lot of fun today! The boys and I remembered you had an iPhone and were wondering if we could have your number to iMessage you. :)"  

For some reason I got really nervous the longer she didn't respond. I knew she was on a plane so she couldn't see it, but still I had a feeling that maybe even when she did, she wouldn't reply. We all started to get our stuff together to board the plane, and I couldn't help but find myself wishing that we were headed on that plane to Boston with Haley.