Chapter Five

** photo above just because Niall at The Masters was just so adorable and happy. **
A/N: Just a quick check on how many of you are reading this story? Because I don't want to bother updating a story I thought nobody was reading! Haha.

Haley POV

It's been about a week since the boys FaceTimed me about the concert, and I hadn't really talked to most of them since. I know they leave for tour really soon so they're probably really busy, but it was still a little upsetting. The show I am going to is only a month away, but I couldn't help wondering if Niall would even really want to see me anymore by the time it comes.
I know we've become friends, and we text almost everyday, but will that change once they go on tour? Will it just be awkward if I showed up? That's what I wasn't sure of.
Today I had plans to go to a party with a few of my friends. I hadn't really been able to see them very much this summer because I was away, and I was excited to see them.
We all were meeting up at my friend Aly's house to get ready pretty soon. I decided that I'd stop by the store and pick us all up something to eat before heading over. I also had to stop and get us something to drink while we were at the party. The drinking age in America might officially be 21, but almost everyone over 18 drinks anyways.
When I finally made it to her house, I was bombarded with hugs and lots of "welcome back" messages. It really did feel nice to be among really good friends once again. We went inside and all started getting dressed, and helping each other decide what to do with our hair and our make up.
"So Haley," my friend Emma spoke up, "when were you going to tell us that you met, I don't know, the biggest boyband in the world."
"Oh um, yeah I met One Direction in the airport on my way back from India. It was really cool," I responded. I really hoped that none of them would make too big of a deal out of it.
"Shut up!!"
"No way!"
"Why didn't you tell us?!" They all shouted in excitement.

For some reason I felt like if they found out that we'd become friends like we have, it'd lose the specialness of it. I was also slightly afraid that once the guys went on tour I'd be forgotten about, and how awkward would that be to explain to my friends.
"I don't know, it happened right before I got onto my plane, and then the excitement had kind of worn out before I landed," I lied. "Isn't it time for us to go?"
I changed the subject, and we all started getting our stuff ready and transitioning into the car. The party was only about ten minutes away, but we spent the drive blasting music. We were ready to have a good time.

-------------

We had been at the party for a few hours now and it had been really fun. I had started to drink as soon as we got there, and right now I was feeling really tipsy but not too drunk. I grabbed another drink just as my friends asked me to take a shot with them. Then, I decided I wanted to go outside and hang out away from all of the noise.
My friend Kevin decided to come with me. He hadn't been drinking and I suspect he just wanted a chance to escape the party. We were talking as we walked out to the hill next to the party house. I started to feel increasingly intoxicated, and was happy when we were able to finally sit down.
"Haley, are you okay?" Kevin asked.

Right as I was about to answer, my phone started going off. It was a FaceTime call from the guys. I thought it was odd because it's so early in the morning there. I answered it though.
"Hello?" I asked, very confused.

"Haley!" The boys chorused.

"We didn't think you'd still be awake but we thought we might as well try." Niall explained. "We had to go into work pretty early this morning but they've just had us waiting here for further instructions and we got bored.... Are you drunk?."
"I'm at a party," I explain. "Hold on a second," I tell them.
I turn to Kevin to ask him what he was trying to say before they called. He asked me if I was okay, and if I wanted to spend the night with him tonight. I agreed, knowing that my mom would not be very happy if I came back in this state.
I turned back to my phone and said, "Sorry about that..." It was getting increasingly hard to focus on what was going on around me. I felt myself start to get really tired.
"It's okay... Who's that you were talking to?" Liam asked. He sounded kind of concerned.

"It's just my friend Kevin! He's soooo wonderful." I answer happily.

"Guyssss...as much as I'd like to talk.... I'm sleepy and.. I think I should go" I struggle to get out.

They all laugh at me and say their goodbyes.

"Bye Niall, bye boys." I call out before ending the FaceTime. I then turn to Kevin and ask him if we can go home, because u was feeling tired. We left the party, him holding my hand to lead me to his car. I started to think about my friendship with Niall and couldn't help but wish it was him helping me get home safe. When we got back to Kevin's house I plopped down on his couch. Just when I was about to fall asleep, I felt my phone vibrating again. I looked to see that it was a string of texts from Niall.

Niall: hey, this might seem odd but are you sure youre okay ??

Niall: you seemed pretty drunk and we heard that boy ask to take you home.... we're all pretty worried

Niall: I know you said he's a friend but make sure he's gonna keep you safe and not try to take advantage of you.

I quickly typed a response, trying as hard as I could to make sure it made sense.

Me: oh gosh no don't worry. kevin is like my oldest frienddddd. He takes cre of drunk me alllll the tim. I'm fine!!!

I put my phone down and fell asleep, smiling at how sweet it was of them to check up on me.