"First date on Valentine's Day, this is so romantic," Anne exclaimed.

     "We're watching Game of Throne for the whole day, that's kind of romantic too," Max said. Someone knocked the door, we didn't have a door bell. I jumped. Anne mouthed "calm down" before Max opened the door. Don was standing there with a clean top and jeans. Don gave me some pansies.

     "Happy Valentine's Day," he said.

     "You too," I said to him. Anne put the flowers in the water bottle since we still didn't have a vase. Max pulled him to a corner before shoving us out of the house.

     It was cold outside, and it didn't feel like that. I felt like we were walking among some huts. He took my hand as we made our way down the street. Cheesy and lovely. I didn't think the world could be this beautiful. Tommy wasn't with me now, it was alright. Don dazzled me.

     "I told you," Don said.

     "What with the smug face?"

     "You look beautiful with curls," Don complimented. I liked how he kissed the top of my head.

     "Thank you," I said breathlessly. I snuggled closer to him, "I met the school counsellor."

     "How was it?" Don asked.

     "She's pretty," I replied. "And I've realised it's always been you since I talked to her."

     "It's me what?"

     "You know it," I said, "I think Miss Johnson trusts me about the shoplifting. She's really nice."

     "Every counsellor is nice," Don said.

     "The old woman back in Redford in my school wasn't," I tried to make a point, "She shouted all the time. Just like a splitting lion, you know, those with dark mane."

     Don laughed lightly, "I don't need a counsellor. My dad forced me to talk to him every day for fifteen minutes when I was younger. Even now he expects me to tell me everything happened here."

     "I hope you did not tell him about me hitting you," I said. The road seemed soft and cloudy. I caught myself questioning if I was in a Wonderland.

     "I didn't, I told him a lot apart from that," Don said and followed by a sweet chuckle.

     "I'm not sure if that would make a good impression. Last night, Anne said a good impression is very important," I said. "You must be very close to your dad."

     "We're the team, like there're you and your brother," Don kissed my cheek, and things became giddier than ever. "What do you want to do after watching the film?"

     "Anywhere," I said. "I used to think you were Peter Pan."

     "Really?"

     "You're crazy like him," I said.

     "Crazy, sure,"

Don said, "crazy,

but when I started living here, it just doesn’t work that way. Logic

,

just

,

came.

Sentiment, and it marks the difference of this real life and what I have in my head.

I don’t know what’s happening, I am just changing