Part 25) Deadlines

Start from the beginning

"So you'll wait for me?" I asked harshly.

"There's certain deadlines we have to live within-"

"You don't love me at all!" I shout.

"How dare you." He darts across the counter and grabs me.

"I picked you out specifically opposed to hundreds of beautiful women. You think we married specifically to mend our families? I wasn't going to fuck just any whore. I never hated you. I only hated marrying so soon. I've had the promise of your marriage since you were fourteen." He spat.

My head spun. "What? But you were so cruel! How could you do those things to me?"

"Well darling, you're kind of a pain in the ass. I had no experience with women. And I'm a pain in the ass." He smiles.

"You're a jerk." I pushed away from him.

"You're right." He commented slowly walking back to me. 

"If I were to crawl back into your arms right now like a little girl, would you see me as weak?" I crossed my arms and hung my head feeling hopeless.

"No." He said slightly.

I felt his large arms wrapped around me. I turned to bury my face in his warm chest. He was so deceivingly forgiving.  He stood there with me swaying gently back and forth. He soothes me into him sweeping my feet off the ground. He cradled me into his arms and back to the bedroom grabbing the papers off the counter before he goes. He lays me back into the bed. Was it ours now? No. Nothing was mine. All his. Even me.

"Im not ready for children. I may never  be ready."

"I'm not ready to share you." He growled.

"What if we just didn't?" I asked facing the ceiling which just so happened to be a mirror.

He was so sexually oriented. How many girls had he been with? Even though I was his wife legally, personally I was far from it.

"I have to have an heir. Especially before I get too old. We can't just rein Cecilia, this is my life." He faced his dresser rummaging through clothes. "I have to go. Will you be aright here?" He asked emotionless.

"No. I want to come with." I replied as if it didn't matter.

"Thats not what I asked you." He said coldly.

"Where are you going?"

"That's none of your business."

"Why?!" I shot up.

"Cecilia!" He turned shouting.

I sat there hanging my head. I wanted him but I didn't want his life anymore.

"Don't get dressed yet." I kept my head down wondering if he would stop.

He stalked towards the bed slowly.

"Is it true Romeo? Did my parents really give me to you that easy?" I waited for the truth closing my eyes.

"Your family was weak long before Cecilia. They didn't have much choice. Your father's a good man. Too good for this business. We left him his bakery." He pushed me back into the large bed, setting his hands on the edge.

His room was a dark grey color. His sheets were soft and smelt like him. This is probably where I'll die.

"Fine. Come with me." He pushed off the bed returning to the dresser.

"I don't have any clothes." I reminded.

He suddenly threw a button up at me and a hairbrush. He turned back to watch me unwrap the blankets from around my body.

"Wait." He said sharply.

I watched him make his way back to me with a hungry look in his eyes. He crawled onto the bed like some sort of animal stalking. I scoot backward against the headboard confused and a little scared.

Before I knew it his hands were in my hair and his lips were licking at mine. I wanted to push away and be mad at him, for everything. But I loved him too much. He grabbed at my bare skin and kissed me raw.