Chapter 1

My name is Hermione Granger.

One thing that you would not know about me, is that I am a witch.
I was born into a muggle family. You are probably wondering what 'muggle' means, well it means non-magic folk. I get teased about being a muggleborn, but I guess anyone that's a muggleborn does.

My parents are dentists and they have always been really protective of me. When they found out I was a witch they didn't want to send me to Hogwarts, until I did some terrible things at home that I couldn't control. They needed me to learn how to manage my magical gifts.

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, is known to be the best school for witches and wizards.
It was founded by Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin around 990 A.D. Now Hogwarts divides the school into four houses, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin.
Gryffindor is meant for the brave, Hufflepuff is meant for the kind, Ravenclaw is meant for the intelligent and Slytherin is meant for the cunning. These four houses are used as a way to remember the founders of Hogwarts and the personalities that they possess.

At the beginning of every new year there is a ceremony known as 'The Sorting Hat Ceremony'. This is where the sorting hat determines which house the witch or wizard is placed in. The sorting hat is a wide, old brimmed hat that is chocolate brown with chestnut patches, and it TALKS! I was placed in Gryffindor but I think I am probably suited more to Ravenclaw, because people call me the brightest witch of my age. Probably because I spend most of my time reading and studying in the library.

Hogwarts is like a second home to me. I love taking all my classes, Charms, Muggle Studies, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, Care of Magical Creatures, Transfiguration, Potions and more. But I hate Divination and also I am really terrified of flying on a broomstick. The only way I am able to fit all of my classes into my tight time table is by using my timeturner. A timeturner is a gold necklace, with an hour glass that I can spin and it allows me to go back in time to the classes that I have missed. Professor McGonagall (head of Gryffindor) gave it to me at the beginning of last year and I have used it ever since.

My friends at Hogwarts have always been there for me and i could never ask for better friends.
Harry Potter is a Half-Blood, Gryffindor wizard. Half blood is when one of your parents is muggle born and the other was born into a wizard family. Harry has slim black hair, round glasses which are covering his sea green eyes. He also has a bright lightning shaped scar on his forehead that is covered by a thin layer of fringe. That scar is legionary because an evil wizard, He Who Must Not Be Named, tried to kill him when he was younger but the curse rebounded because his mothers love was too powerful for You-Who-Who. So the only thing Harry was left with was a little cut on his forehead. Harry is meant to be the only wizard who can defeat You-Know-Who because he is the 'Chosen One'.

Ron Weasley is a Pure Blood, Gryffindor Wizard. A pure blood means that he was born into an all magic family. He has messy fair hair and dreamy deep green eyes. He is in a family of 7 children, and is the youngest boy.
His only sister Ginny is also my friend, Ginny is a Gryffindor witch and looks very similar to Ron except her hair has a little more of a brown tinge than Ron's. Ginny is one year younger than me but she is a little taller than me.

Luna Lovegood is a Ravenclaw witch and she is very unique. I thought she was very weird and loony when I first met her but she is actually a really incredible friend to have. Luna has light blonde hair which is nearly the colour of snow, she also has very distinctive blue eyes. She wears clothes that are a little peculiar that's why people normally judge her.

Another one of my friends is Neville Longbottom. Neville is a Gryffindor Wizard and he looks a lot like Harry. Except Neville is a lot taller and ha