Chapter 3: Sleep Over

Hey guys! Two updates in one day... well technically. I am on a roll! Anyway, enjoy!

Haley drove me to my place to get some stuff for the sleep over while Kayla and Mindy went out to pick out a movie. When we got to my place I noticed my dad’s piece of junk car isn’t in the drive way. Thank God he’s not there right now. I’m not in the mood for his abuse. That, and Haley is with me.

Once we get into my house is when Haley tells me there’s a party at Kevin Riley’s house tomorrow. He’s the captain of the football team.

“I don’t know Haley. I’ve never been to a party like that before…” I say. It’s true. I’m always either home with my dad yelling at me 24/7 for stupid shit, at one of my friend’s houses studying or just hanging out, at work, or shopping. One of the four. I prefer one of the last three.

“Oh come on! It’ll be fun! We don’t have to go shopping! Just bring your make up and we’ll pick an outfit now!”

“Ugh! Fine, I’ll go.  Just make sure I don’t do anything stupid. Okay?”

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Let’s pick an outfit!”

“NO dresses! Maybe one of my goth looking skirts, like the big poofy ones? But just not a dress.” Yes, I know I’m kinda goth at times, and I don’t care that I am, it’s just when people use it to insult me. Then it hurts.

By the time we finish picking out my clothes, I end up having my ripped black leggings, a neon green, blue, and black poof skirt, and a strapless black shirt with my combat boots. Quite the outfit to show off my goth-ness but I don’t give a shit. People can say whatever they want to me tomorrow night, but I’m not gonna let it ruin my first party.

“You’re gonna look great. I mean… not exactly my style… but it’ll look great!” She says to me and I nod.

“Thanks. Now I get to pick out your outfit when we get to your house. Don’t worry, nothing ‘goth’ I promise. Plus, you own like, nothing gothic.” I say and nudge her slightly with my elbow.

That’s when I hear the front door open and close.

“Shit! My dad’s home! We have to hurry up and get out of here.” I say in a kind of hush hush tone.

“Umm… ok. Let’s just sneak out. If he hears us, we’ll just make a run for it.” She says the same way I did.

We head down the stairs and quietly open the door and sneak out. We quickly but quietly get into her car. Mine is there, the hospital had it brought here from the barn, but I’ll just stick with Haley.

We drive to her house where Kayla and Mindy are waiting for us with one horror movie, The Conjuring, and one romance/action movie, Safe Haven.

“Why two movies?” I ask.

“One scary one to get us into the sleep over vibe, and then one romance/action one to get our minds of the scary stuff.” Mindy says.

“Smart.” Haley says, sounding impressed.

We head up to her room and put the first movie into the DVD player.

We are all watching it and everyone gets freaked out, just not as much as Kayla. She’s more of a softy with her blonde hair, blue eyes, and lean figure. She’s quite the wimp if you ask me. By the end of the movie, she’s practically sitting on me and crying.

“Jeez Kayla, it was just a movie. Nothing’s gonna come get you. It’s not even that scary.” Haley says, trying to calm her down enough so she would get off me and we could watch the next movie. Eventually she stops crying and gets off of me and we play the next movie. This time we watched it in peace, without Kayla jumping up and screaming every 10 seconds.

After the movie, we all decide to do something kinda girly, too girly for my liking, but hey, if they wanna do it, then so be it. And it wasn’t that bad after all. We did blind makeovers. When I did Mindy, it was a mess, mascara on her lips, eyeliner on her nose, and lipstick on her eyes. It was so picture worthy. I took a picture and I set it as my lock screen, ‘cause, why not. She was scrunching up her face in the picture, which only added to the hilariousness. I didn’t let anyone take a picture of mine, although, I have my suspicions.

When we were all done it was 2:30 AM. We all sat down and decided to get some sleep because we would be up late the next night for the party. I grabbed my pillow with the Tardis pillow case and my Psych blanket and fell asleep into my dream wonderland of my fandoms.