24. Return

You stood there on the mountain in Saiki's arms for what seemed like hours. Eventually, he pulled away and looked down at you with a small, rare smile. "(Y/n) it's about time that we get back". You slowly nod and let go of him, taking a step away. He sighs and moves closer to you, taking your bandaged hand. "It's okay, I didn't want to let go of you but we need to get back". You nod and watch as the mountain disappears and you are met with the sight of Saiki's bedroom. Kusuke sat on his brother's bed with a worried look on his face, their parents looking sadly down at the ground. "We're back", Saiki says monotonously. 

The three look up with sad expressions. "Oh no, I think we scared Kusuo's girlfriend. We didn't mean to, please don't leave Kusuo", his father begs. You turn to Saiki who just sighs and wraps his arm around your waist. "You're right in one aspect". "And what's that Ku?", his mother asks hopefully. "She is my girlfriend now but she won't leave". He looks to you and you slowly nod. Kusuke looks up at you sadly. "I'm sorry, (Y/n). I didn't mean to hurt you, I just let my curiosity get the best of me and now look what I've done". You step out of Saiki's arms and approach Kusuke, letting out a quiet sigh as you stand before him. You place your hand on top of his head and smile lightly at him as he looks up. "I know you didn't mean to hurt me and I forgive you". A smile spreads across his face as he jumps up and hugs you. At first, you tense up but eventually relax and hug back.

When he pulls away he ruffles your hair and sends Saiki a small smile. "I know you two really like each other so I won't interfere". Saiki seems relieved whereas you just giggle. "I'm sorry Kusuke-kun but I would've chosen Saiki anyway". He looks a little offended but brushes it off leaves the room along with Saiki's parents.

Now it was just the two of you. "What do you want to do now?", you ask. He sighs and notices you glancing at his video games. "Even though some of your thoughts are blocked I can still read others". You avert your eyes with pink cheeks. "I-I don't know what you're talking about". He walks over to you and takes your hand, sitting you down in front of the TV in his room. He hands you a controller and sits beside you as you watch it slowly come to life.

Timeskip

It had been around 45 minutes when Saiki stood up suddenly, turning off the TV. "Hey, what was that for? I was winning". He shrugs his shoulders and helps you up, it's time for dessert". Your face lights up and you take his hand, leading him out the door and into the dining room. You sit down beside Saiki again and watch as Kusuke puts a large bowl of your favorite dessert in front of you. "Enjoy", he says with a sweet smile. You thank him with a nod and dig in. You glance to the side and giggle at the cute expression on Saiki's face as he munches on his coffee jelly. So adorable! Saiki's parents and brother join the two fo you at the table and eat their own dessert, starting light conversation with you.

It had been just over 20 minutes and everyone had finished their dessert. Kurumi collects your bowl and giggles quietly at you and Saiki. "You two seem perfect for each other, psychics who love sweets". You blush lightly and stand up, brushing the non-existent dust off your clothes. "I'm sorry but I think I should get home now, thank you for having me for dinner", you say bowing. Kurumi gives you a closed-eyed smile and walks over to hug you. You hug back and return a smile. "It was no problem, dear, and now that you're Ku's girlfriend we'll have to get you to come over for dinner more often". You nod and begin walking towards the door, waving to their family. "Kusuo, why don't you walk your girlfriend home?", his father suggests. You didn't want to sound rude but that was probably the smartest thing his father had said all night. The pink-haired boy nods and opens the door for you, allowing you both to walk out.

It was quite cold outside so Saiki activated his pyrokinesis which quickly warmed you. You giggle at the tickling sensation of his warm skin against yous, your hands intertwined. Thanks to Saiki's gloves he didn't have to relive your past and you didn't have to constantly read his emotions. You could already tell the way he felt by the way he looked at you, it was a soft, loving look which you had never seen before today. It warmed your heart and you weren't talking about the pyrokinesis. When you arrived at you apartment door he stopped and gave you a rare smile before leaning in and pecking your lips. "I'll pick you up tomorrow for school". You nod and wave to him as he begins walking away, teleporting halfway down the street.

I was so pleased with the feedback on the last chapters, thank you guys so much. I don't know how much longer this story will have before I pull out the final chapter. I'll just have to wait and see how it goes. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD