3

[ lunch ]

Jungwoo lazily walks towards his usual lunch table which consisted of his two favorite people, scratch that, only one favorite person. He drops his tray down, forcing a smile.

"You look like someone ran you over with a lawnmower." Ten says, poking his fruit salad. He makes a cringe faces as he separates the fruit from the vegetables. "Gross, why do they put fruit in this salad?"

Taeyong gives Ten a look of stupidity. "It's called a fruit salad for a reason, dumbo."

Everything about Ten was questionable. Both Jungwoo and Taeyong have no idea how did he even get into their circle of friends. It's like one day he just popped out of nowhere and wiggled his way in.

Jungwoo sips on his milk carton and pauses, "Oh look, isn't that Johnny over there by the salad bar?"

Taeyong pushes Jungwoo softly, screaming with his eyes. "Why did you do that? Now he's going to explode into a million pieces."

"I just want to be the good friend once in a while," Jungwoo says, proceeding to stare at a familiar looking face behind Johnny. "Hey, doesn't that guy look familiar?"

Popping up his tiny ass head, Taeyong squints his eyes. "Who? You mean the guy behind Johnny?"

Ten gasps, flopping his arms up in the air. He couldn't believe it! How in the world can his two friends be that slow? "Hello, you guys don't know who Lucas is?"

Widening his eyes, Jungwoo spat out his milk. "D—did you just say, Lucas?"

Uh, yeah. His friend is officially a big pile of stupid. "Yes, for the sixth time." Jesus, his mouth was getting all tired from repeating.

Taeyong realizes the familiar name and pushes back his chin. He reveals a whole new level of chin, the third chin. No one has ever seen it and it's only acceptable he has revealed it now. If Taeyong remembers correctly, Lucas and Jungwoo go way back. Like way back when they were in diapers. Okay, maybe not that way back, but definitely when they were in grade school.

The thing was, Jungwoo had an adorable crush on Lucas, but that little shit ripped his love letter in half! What's worse is, it was in front of all his friends. That was the moment where Jungwoo vowed to never ever date again. Sometimes Taeyong feels so sorry for him because all it took was one single person to ruin the experience of love to Jungwoo.

"Are you okay?" Taeyong rubs Jungwoo's shoulder with a warm smile.

It was pure luck Jungwoo hasn't had any classes with Lucas, but of course, the universe just slaps him right in the face and makes the two cross paths. It really is unfair. "It's nothing, why would I even care about him?"

Ten crosses his arms and then waves towards his two friends. "Hello again, sorry to interrupt but we might have a problem."

Oh, what kind of problem? It shouldn't be worse than—

"I might have forgotten to mention Lucas is actually one of the photographers in the yearbook committee." Ten sweats, nervously looking away from Jungwoo. "I totally forgot about the beef between you and him."

Jungwoo screams with his mouth closed as he reaches for Ten's neck. This couldn't get worse! Oh, sike! It did. Just as Jungwoo had his arms around Ten's neck, Lucas made total eye contact with him.

And no, that's not the worse part. The worst part was the brat was smirking and rolling his eyes. The nerve!

-
A/N:
After a million years—no not really maybe like a month I have finally updated! ❤️