Get a good nights rest (part one)

Authors note:

Hey, hey, hey! So, I just hope that whoever is reading this fanfic enjoys and I'm so glad that you are!! This is my first one, and I hope it's good enough! If there is any feedback, please feel free to comment!! Thanks!!

~Maka's P.O.V.~

The bell for the last period rings out through the school as people start to file out of class. I put my pencil down and stretch my arms up above my head. After collecting our belongings, Soul and I head out the door of the classroom and wave goodbye to professor Stein. In the halls of DWMA, we run into the rest of the gang; Kid, Liz, Patty, BlackStar, and Tsubaki.

"Hey, what's up?" Soul says as he and BlackStar high five.

"We were just heading back home," said Kid, gesturing towards himself, Liz and Patty, "but I assume that we will see you tomorrow?" he asks, looking at me with a small smile. I nod in assurance.

"Then we'll see you tomorrow?" says Soul, as a goodbye.

"Yup!" Cheers Patty as the trio walks off. They walk down the hallway as Liz makes a inaudible comment that seems to discourage Kid and make Patty giggle hysterically.

I turn my attention back to BlackStar and Tsubaki who seem to be quite lively as well.

"I'm telling you Tsubaki! I will make you a death scythe, better than Soul! I'm the one who will surpass god, remember?" yells BlackStar at the top of his lungs.

"I'm sure you will..." Says Tsubaki, in a sweet, quiet voice as she attempts to calm BlackStar down because people are looking.

Honestly, I don't know how she could deal with him, I would probably Maka chop him every time he spoke. Those two really balance each other out, don't they?

"Anyway, we should probably go back now as well, right Soul?" I look over to a grinning Soul, brushing his soft, white hair out of his eyes. He looks cool.

"Sure thing." He says.

"We will see you guys later then!" Tsubaki says, kindly.

"Don't miss me, the great BlackStar, too much!!" BlackStar yells after us as Soul and I walk down the hallway. Soul waves at the pair in response without even looking back.

We walk out of the front doors of the school and start to make our way down the countless stairs leading to and from the DWMA.

~Soul's P.O.V.~

When we reach the bottom of the stairs from the school, I sigh with relief and exhaustion. Those stairs get me every time, why do there have to be so many? I look over to Maka and smirk my shark tooth grin. She seems as lively as ever, not letting some silly stairs slow her down. I chuckle under my breath.

"Let's get going Soul!" Maka turns to me and says.

"Already ahead of you." I answer as I take a few steps towards my awaiting motorbike.

Maka pouts, a little upset that I got there first and jogs over to goin me.

I swing my leg over the other side of the motorbike and I rev it up. Maka does the same, clinging her arms around my stomach for support while we kick off and start our journey back home. I try to flex my abs and make them seem harder, but I don't know why I would. Am I trying to impress Maka?

I shake the thought out of my head and stop flexing. That must have been weird for Maka.

"Soul!" Maka shouts, interrupting my thoughts, "Who's turn is it to cook again?"

"Yours!" I yell over my shoulder, a small smile tickling at my lips.

Maka's cooking was always better than mine, I guess I lacked practice. My mouth started to water at the idea at food, and I sped up the motorbike, anxious to get home and eat.

-=-=- (time skip) -=-=-

I thanked Maka for the great meal and headed off to my room to get ready for bed. Maka stayed on the couch in the living room after getting into her pj's, reading one of her favourite books.

I pulled my shirt above my head and changed into my pyjama pants. I went into the washroom to brushed my sharp teeth and take out my headband. Once I finished, I walked out into the living room to check on Maka, who seemed a little too quiet.

I found her sound asleep with her book laying open on her chest. There were some pretty big words in there, probably more than five hundred pages, and Maka has already read more than half.

I bookmark her page and set her book aside on the coffee table. I slip my arms under her back and her legs, and pick her up, carrying her to her room.

She is lighter that last time I picked her up. She has also been working harder since then. Maka probably lost some weight.

I step into her room and place her down on her bed, slipping her under her covers.

"Goodnight Maka," I whisper, "get a good nights rest, tomorrow is a big day."