Chapter 2

This feeling began to worry Zeref. When Natsu yelled at him he began to feel a dark power flowing from Natsu and it would only get stronger as he grew. Zeref himself had the same dark energy but had done his best to keep it under control. Except for the one outburst he had done that. Before he could think of a solution a voice interrupted his thoughts.

"What the hell was that noise?" his mother hissed.

"It was Natsu." Zeref replied sheepishly.

"Really? Natsu?" his mother said with an interested tone. She turned to his father and said. " I believe the little one is ready. His full colors are beginning to show and I feel that they are promising. More promising in fact than Zeref."

Zeref's father gave curt nod and head up to the room that the boys shared. With his mother lost in thought Zeref followed quietly behind. Through the door he could hear his father but not turned the sound into words. Before he could catch anything Zeref heard foot steps headed towards the door. He hurried back to the end of the hopeful not to get caught. This time he was not. His father came out of the room and his back was turned towards Zeref, then headed back downstairs.

Zeref cautiously went into the room seeing a smiling Natsu sitting on he bed.

"Nii-san guess what I get to start magic tomorrow."

"That's great!" Zeref replied with the best fake smile he could manage.

"What's wrong Nii-san?"

"Nothing lets just go to bed you have a big day tomorrow." And with that Zeref slid into his bed deeply troubled. As soon as Natsu would begin magic the darkness would grow stronger and he was to passive to keep it at bay. Zeref had to think of something to keep Natsu from becoming a monster as his parents were. But first Zeref had to be strong enough to make sure that didn't happen or if it did he would be ready.

In the morning Zeref awoke forgetful about the night before but as he was doing his chores and over heard his parents conversation the terrible realization came back. Natsu won't be the sweet innocent brother he always had, if something wasn't done about the darkness.

When he got back to the house Natsu's things were gone and Zeref knew that they were moved to the solitary room in the basement. He himself went through the same process 5 days of isolation so his parents could see how much Natsu would learn on his own. After that full on training would begin the relationship between brothers would change.

Zeref's father walked into the room as Zeref was studying. "I see you've already realized Natsu has been moved to isolation."

"Yes I have." Zeref replied without facing his father.

"Alright so you know that a few weeks after his full on training you two will battle. I will train Natsu you will study with your mother.

Zeref turned to his father in shock "You can't do that! Natsu wouldn't be close to ready nor would he want to do it! Do you have no heart he's only a child!"

"No Zeref your wrong he is a mage one that can defeat you someday if you keep up these petty feelings. You will train and you will fight." With that his father left locking up the door behind him.

Zeref screamed as a dark wave of magic flowed from him killing the rat eating on the desk.

Kind of a short chapter sorry but what do you think Zeref doesn't want to hurt Natsu but he has no choice apparently. If I have anything to improve just tell me.