One

Bright lights, dead silence, and all eyes (and cameras) on me.

With an anxious glance to the side towards the encouraging smiles of my parents followed by a thumbs up and smile from the camera man directly in front of me, I took a deep breath and began my speech.

"Good evening, citizens of Eurion. You probably already know everything I'm about to tell you but I have to say it. We'll get to the part everyone is watching for soon enough," I let out a small laugh which was accompanied by several others throughout the room.

"I am Princess Camellia and today is my 19th birthday. Following the generations-long tradition set in place by my 4 times great grandfather, I am about to begin my very own Selection. Tonight I will open one envelope from each of our 30 provinces and announce who has been selected to join me in the palace and possibly become my husband.

"Coming from a country so fond of tradition, I am very grateful for the support I've been given my whole life even though I am the first female directly in line for the throne. This will be the first ever Selection in which a woman will be choosing a husband rather than a man choosing his wife and I am so proud to be that woman.

"I will now officially begin, with the assistance of my father, the king, as he hands me each application. Here are the Selected:

Brandon Wilson
Patrick Gibson
Alexander McCarthy
Dylan Cole
Luke Hemmings
Konnor Jordan
Jacob Cameron
Graham Roth
Broderick Scot
Ashton Irwin
Cameron Phillips
Arlo Robles
Juan Shaw
Gerry Logan
Jamal Benton
Triston Pittman
Isaac Lowe
Brett Thomson
Kyle Campbell
Jordan Armstrong
Rory Elliott
Yusuf Tyler
Calum Hood
Dante Fitzgerald
Eric Gentry
Michael Clifford
Reece Robertson
Noah Houghton
Max Gardner
Anthony Spencer

Two days from now these boys will arrive at the palace to live here during the Selection. After they've had some time to settle in they'll be meeting me for the first time. Tune in that night to meet them all for the first time yourself! Thank you for joining me tonight. I'm looking forward to my Selection and having the public be able to join me for every step of the process. Goodnight, Eurion."

As soon as the blinking red light in front of me disappeared I sank back in my chair with a huge sigh, glad the cameras were finally off.

"You did great, sweetheart!" My dad exclaimed as he reached over to hug me. Mom soon joined in, followed by my two younger sisters.

The amazing support that I thanked the country for earlier could never amount to how much support I've received from my family, especially my parents. Right before my sister was born they passed a law that made it impossible for a boy to be first in line for the throne because of his gender, as they didn't know they baby's gender yet.

They also allowed me to have my very own Selection rather than finding a foreign prince to marry me which is what was previously done with our country's princesses. I've been dreaming of having my own Selection for years and when they told me I would be allowed to have one I was beyond excited.

"So, can we start looking at their pictures and reading their profiles?" Mom asked excitedly.

As awkward as it may be looking at pictures of boys with my mom and deciding if they're cute or not, I can't resist. I want to see what my options for my future husband look like, not to mention tomorrow I'm placing a personalized welcome gift and note in each of their rooms so I need to find out more about their personalities as soon as possible. Mom is amazing at giving gifts so she can for sure help with that.

"Sure! We can go to my office to get started," I replied before grabbing the stack of papers and leading my mom to our destination.

We quickly got settled into our seats and cleared off a space for the papers, as well as spaces for the list of gifts and the notes I planned on writing. Once everything was organized the way I wanted it we went through the list one by one, commenting and doing our best to get to know each of the boys. (A/n you guys will get to know them later on, for now I just included the 'applications' I'm assuming you'll be most interested in :))