29 | to the finish line!

"it's a beautiful skyyyyyyy...!"

"shut up, hyuckie, it sounds like you're crying."

donghyuck would've strangled renjun at that moment had the chinese boy not been semi-disabled and protected by jeno and his abs. instead, the red head took a breath and shot him a death glare to make up for it.

"actually, lee renjun, my voice is heavenly-"

"-it's huang."

"it'll be lee soon," donghyuck brushed him off. "as i was saying, i might as well be a fucking angel, my voice is that beautiful-"

"shh, you're talking over mark's rap!" jeno interrupted loudly, silencing them all to listen to mark tuan rap on the 'you are' track. "i can't breathe, i can't eat, i can't sleep," jeno mumbled along to the lyrics.

"i couldn't fucking sleep the other night," jaemin muttered.

donghyuck suddenly sniggered as a thought popped into his head. "imagine mark as a rapper."

"...mark is a rapper," jeno told him in confusion.

"not mark tuan - mark-hyung," donghyuck explained. "he'd probably be like, everyone put your hands together, whoo!"

"get to sleep, guys, g-g-get to sleep," jaemin joined in, as the others laughed along.

"when did that happen?" donghyuck demanded, furrowing his brows as he tried to recall the memory.

"it was when you were getting it on with xiyeon on the first night," renjun put in, smirking at his friend suggestively.

"oh fuck off, we were not," donghyuck denied, though his pink ears betrayed him.

"i've got one!" jeno announced. "mark-hyung as a rapper would be like, you're gonna be d-d-d-d..."

the edm beat continued with all of them joining in, getting faster and faster until,

"...disqualified!"

"what are you doing?"

they all jumped, startled, as none other than mark himself emerged from the bushes. donghyuck stifled a shriek, whilst the others gulped, wondering if he'd heard everything they'd said about him.

"nothing!" donghyuck insisted in a shrill tone.

mark looked skeptical, but all he did was roll his eyes. "well, congrats, because you're closer to the finish than you think."

"we are?!" mind boggled, jaemin stared at the map, only to realise in joy that they were indeed only minutes away from the end of the challenge.

mark smiled then. "so i'll have to give you the bags back so no one asks any questions," he said apologetically. "everyone else is meeting at the same point too, you see."

"it's okay, thanks, hyung!" renjun piped up.

"says you, you're the disabled one," donghyuck teased.

renjun tried to kick him with his good foot, but donghyuck speedily dodged out of the way.

"here you go, guys," said mark once the bags were out of his car, "i just wanna say well done again. you really deserve to pass the challenge."

"aw, mark-hyung actually being nice for once," said donghyuck overdramatically, clutching at his chest, "it breaks my heart!"

"shut up, infant." mark punched his arm, and donghyuck let out a loud whine.

"let's go kick some ass then," said renjun once jeno had settled him down on the ground again.

the other three exchanged glances, silently discussing renjun's injury. in the end, jaemin and donghyuck nodded at each other.