27 | major playstation crisis

ring-ring!

"whose music is playing?" jaemin voiced aloud. he was still busy gazing over the map and tracing their journey with one fingertip.

donghyuck suddenly stopped dead in his tracks. the opening to michael jackson's 'thriller' was leaking from his pocket.

"that's my ringtone," he said with a strained inhale.

"so?" jeno frowned at him.

"so someone's calling me, dumbass!" donghyuck screeched. "i have the same ringtone for everyone so it could be anybody..."

"why are you so worried anyway?" jaemin asked, his tone conversational and light, which pissed donghyuck off even more.

donghyuck took out the phone from his pocket, still ringing, and showed them the caller screen.

unknown number.

"...so?" jaemin blinked. he really didn't see what donghyuck could be getting at.

"it could be anyone, jae!" donghyuck could have strangled the taller, bright-smiled boy at that moment. "for all we know, mr kim could've found out about the bags, and he's calling right now to tell us not to bother finishing the challenge."

jaemin rolled his eyes and patted donghyuck's shoulder. "don't be so dramatic, it's not like the death star's approaching," he told him. "and there's no way we're getting disqualified. it just... it won't happen."

"can't you just answer it?" renjun muttered drowsily. his face was nestled in jeno's neck and his eyes were drooping.

both jaemin and donghyuck turned to stare at him. then they went back to bickering.

"answer the damn phone, hyuck," jaemin sighed, "or give it to me and i will."

"no! what if it is mr kim?" donghyuck protested, trying to hold the phone out of reach.

while they weren't looking, jeno turned his head and pressed a kiss to the tip of renjun's ear. "are you sleepy, renny?" he giggled.

"hey!" renjun squirmed, startled, "fuck you, jenny..." but in return he snuck a longer revenge kiss to jeno's jaw.

"answer it!" jaemin screeched, and finally managed to grab the phone to answer the call.

they all fell silent and listened.

"why'd you take so long to answer, hyung?" a voice grumbled, "you're always on your phone."

donghyuck blinked. "...jisung?"

"who else would it be - spiderman?" jisung snorted in annoyance at his older brother.

"well, it could've been," donghyuck argued stubbornly. "what the heck do you want? and why is this an unknown number?"

"oh, my phone died," jisung brushed him off casually, "i had to borrow chenle's phone."

"chenle?" renjun was suddenly awake after hearing the other chinese boy's name over donghyuck's speakerphone.

jeno craned his neck to glance at him. "oh, you guys close?" he asked, raising a suspicious eyebrow.

"yeah, they're family friends," renjun murmured an explanation, "chenle is lucas' younger brother."

"wait, chenle is lucas' brother?!" donghyuck repeated.

"yeah, hyung, how didn't you know that?" they could practically hear jisung rolling his eyes.