Ch-24 Spill It Out

It was finally evening! Yippee!

I was at Cheryl's. Her mom was curling my wavy hair into bouncy curls. Cheryl was putting on makeup. After a while when my hair was finally made into a bun, her mother applied moderate make on me with a red lipstick that accentuated my lips.

"Awh! You're looking so pretty, Trisha," she said, looking at me, when she was finally done.

"Thanks to you, aunty," I said and smiled at her.

I actually did look pretty, not as gorgeous as Cheryl, though. Cheryl shone like always.

I gave her a genuine smile while putting on my red heels. She smiled at me and then whispered in my ear,"Good luck! He's gonna love you!"

I pulled back instantly and then she winked at me. What the-?

"Who he?" I asked innocently.

"I don't know!" she said shrugging her shoulders.

She sounded genuine. She really didn't know who he was.

-- -- --

"Hey, pretty lady!" Danny welcomed me with a smile.

The party was outdoors. Everyone looked so happy and the night sky smiled at the sight. There were many people. Mostly adults. Only a few friends of Jai from school.

"Hi! You look amazing in that suit, Dan!" I said raising my eyebrows.

"Thanks, waiting for someone!" he said looking at the lighted road.

"Who? Your girlfriend?" I teased.

"Yeah! My girlfriend Kanak" he said and smiled at me.

"Haha! You're funny, Dan" I said and laughed sickly.

"No really. I never thought I would find someone like her. She makes me so happy, makes me feel so full of life," he exhaled pretending to be in love with Kanak.

"It's new year's, not april fools," I said punching him playfully on the shoulder.

"I really feel for her, Trish! It's not a joke!" he said and this time, he was frustrated.

I was taken aback.

No, this can't be happening!

"Dan, I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you, dude. You can date whoever you want," I said trying to calm down his rage.

"Ugh! Trish, you won't understand," he said in deep frustration, turned around and started talking to the person behind him.

What the heck!

"Dan!?" I called out from behind him.

"Hahahaha", Danny started laughing and looked at me, still laughing his ass off.

The heck!

Then I heard the most beautiful laugh from behind me. Damn, I turned around and saw his face, I want him to laugh like that, always.