Yamaguchi x Reader

This is kind of a short chapter but I still hope you enjoy it! Yams is one of my favorite characters in the show, probably my top 5! Thanks for reading! ❤️

"Yams!!!" You called for your best friend from outside of his bedroom window. You planned to hang out today but he wasn't answering his phone.

No response.

You started to climb the tree that was against the house. Once you reached the top, you peeked into his window.

Unsurprisingly he was fast asleep at his desk. His head was resting on a pile of books that were most likely his homework.

You knocked on the window while sitting in the tree branches. You hoped that he would hear you.

After about a minute, he finally opened his eyes. He stretched and looked around to see where that noise was coming from.

He saw you in the window and fell out of his chair. He must have been shocked and didn't expect you to be there. You laughed and pointed to the lock on the window.

He got up and rushed to let you in, blushing from the embarrassment.

You opened the window the second Yamaguchi unlocked it. He grabbed your arm to help pull you into his room when your pants got caught on a twig.

You tried to pull your leg free and eventually your leg was released. The downside of this is that the momentum sent you tumbling forward.

Yamaguchi ended up on his back on the floor of his room with you hovering over him. If that wasn't bad enough your lips ended up crashing into each other...

You both pulled back nearly immediately, nearly. By "nearly immediately" I mean you and Yamaguchi stayed in that position until you realized what was happening.

Both of your faces turned red right away. You rolled off of him ending up next to him on the floor.

You both looked up at the ceiling. You saw him glance over at you so you looked back.

You two made eye contact for a long time. You've never actually looked at each other for that long before.

After what seemed like an hour, he grabbed your hand and looked back at the ceiling. You could tell he was trembling, as were you.

You looked at him even though he was looking away. You had always thought that you liked your best friend as more than that but never wanted to see how he felt. You were afraid it would ruin your longtime friendship if you confessed.

Lucky for you, you didn't have to. Yamaguchi, still holding your hand, pulled you towards him and tucked your hair behind you ear.

You stayed in that position all night, well until your other best friend, Tsukki, walked in.

The second Tsukishima walked in and saw you, he walked back out. You and Yamaguchi laughed, somewhat getting rid of the tension.

Yams suddenly pulled you into another kiss. You smiled into it. The both of you were still shaking and nervous but you two still felt comfortable with each other.

"Get a room!", you heard Tsukki call from outside of the door.

"Umm Tsukki," Yamaguchi started without looking away from you for a single second, "we are in a room..."