p r e f a c e -pt 01/10

"Fear makes the wolf look bigger."

Ezra was saved by the monster in the woods.

The Wolf of the forest that stalks and waits.

He was alive for a blink of an eye after he was born- and then he was dead. The infant, the beautiful boy who had soft blond curls and rosy red cheeks was fading in color as his mother scooped him up and pleaded to the universe to let this child live.

There was a wolf that came to town- they don't talk about it, no one does- they pretend they have forgotten about the day the wolf that haunts their forest came from his shadows and ran to the cottage. They push it to the back of their mind how the wolf had turned human in front of their eyes, into a tall man with sharp features and scars that lined his back.

And most imporantly, the people of the village turn a blind eye to the wolf that had revived the boy by an unbreakable oath his mother had accepted hastily.

A life for a life.

It was easy to accept when you're not the one dying.

But a life for a life every year?

The village was trapped into an eternity of the wolf that harvested one human, not specific, considering he'd just be picking his teeth with their bones.

It was a curse, and as long as the wolf could have one living soul a year, they'd both survive.

But the Wolf only wanted one thing- the woodsman he revived sixteen years ago.

AN

Trying out a new story- next chapter has more details about the Wolf and Ezra.

 Song on the side sets the mood --->