Chapter 1

Maya's POV

"Katy, do you want to get married?"  Shawn asked as part of his reckless and spontaneous plan.

Mom hesitated, making all of us around them nervous for her answer. Our worries were relieved though when a wide smile formed on her face, it was a yes.

That was months ago, now mom and Shawn are getting married and Mr. Feeny is the minister. It all feels so perfect. I know I can't let myself hope, but I really hope this doesn't fall apart.

"We are gathered here today for the wedding of Shawn Patrick Hunter and Katy Grace Clutterbuskay." 

Mr. Feeny mispronounced it. Normally I would've laughed, but I was too nervous to.

"It's Clutterbucket," mom corrected.

"Yes, I know. I was just trying to give you some dignity," Mr. Feeny replied.

"Then make me Hunter as quick as you can."

"Do you, Shawn Patrick Hunter, take Katy Grace as your wife?"

I knew his answer, but I still found myself pleading in my head for his answer to be yes.

"I do."

"Katy Grace Clutterbucket, do you take Shawn Patrick to be your husband?"

Wait, this is really happening. He really loves her.

"Wait!" I yelled, stepping in between my mom and Shawn. "Before we do this, I want you to know, I'm with you. I'm jumping with you," I told Shawn.

"Thanks, kid," he said squeezing my hand.

"I've always been with you," I said to my mom smiling.

My mom and Shawn pulled me into a hug.

"Ok, proceed," I said happily scooting back to my place.

"Katy Grace Clutterbucket, do you take Shawn Patrick as your husband?"

"You know I do."

"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

I couldn't believe it. This was actually happening. This was something good and it was happening to me. 

We went to the Matthews for a party and then my mom and Shawn went on their two-week long honeymoon to Fiji.