1.9

"J-Jeff" Evelyn whimpers as glass slide down her body as she tries to move; her vision fading "It hurts."

Jeff hissed as glass sliced his arm "I know, Evie." He grabbed her hand, turning his head to the side. His heart beats rapidly as he sees her eyes closed. "Evelyn!" He yells, ignoring the pain in his chest. "Wake up!"

Jeff fumbles with the seatbelt, trying to get free. He cries out as he can't get the buckle to release "damn it!" He pants as his breaths shorten; "Evie."

/

"Where is she!" A broken and frantic young man runs around the waiting room; calling out for his love.

He comes to a stop, seeing his friends gathered by a door, crying. Monty runs closer to them, Bryce looking up with wet eyes.

"Let me see her." Monty demands trying to push through. Bryce shakes his head as he weakly pushes him away. "I-it's" He clears his throat "It's not good, man." He whispers; throwing a glance at a shattered boy that goes by Justin Foley.

On the other side of the door; doctors were rushing to help save the two young teens, one doing well and the other having trouble. The girls monitor starts beating rapidly before a flat line appears. "Code Blue!"

Nurses rush into action, paddles in hand "clear!"

One shock.

Two shocks.

Three...

The color in her skin began to fade, shouts erupting around her; but just like her breaths, they were silent.

"Evelyn!" Montgomery cries, banging on the side of the door. "Please."

Justin shakes as sobs escapes his lips. "Why!" He pulls at his roots, numb to the pain "Why her!"

"Raise to five!" The doctor demands as a nurse does as told. "Clear!"

Earlier that week:

"Monty!" Evelyn giggled as he dropped an egg on the floor. He smiles hearing the joyous sounds he'll never get tired of. "You're making a mess!" She playful scolds as she picks up the egg shells.

"I'm sorry, baby." He says as he kisses the top of her head, taking the egg shell out of her hand. "I'm not cleaning that up." She started washing her hands.

Evelyn grabs the cupcake batter before hoping onto his kitchen counter, placing the bowl next to her. "I'll clean it, love."

Evelyn watches as as he cleans, eating the leftover batter, waiting for the sound of the timer. "Did you ever finish your project?" She asks, remembering him asking her for help on it last week. "Sure did, even turned it in early." He winked.

She rolled her eyes at his cheekiness, dusting away the flour on her arms. "Well, I'm proud of you." She smiled as he walked closer. "And I appreciate it." He whispers as he brings her in for a kiss.

//