A Whole New Man: Part One

I was on my way back to my quarters I had finally got done with my shift and not to mention got back from an away mission. Which went well, Data and I found a planet that had dilithium crystals on it. Captain Picard sent us out to collect some for the warp core, I was sure glad when we found out the planet was uninhabited, so it made them easier to retrieve. But I deserved some well needed rest, as I walking I noticed an angry Captain walk past me wonder what happened while I was gone. I shrugged and kept on walking when I rammed into someone I took a step back getting ready to say sorry. 

"I am terribly sorry about that..I-" I cut myself off when I looked up to see who it was, it was a tall man, his hair in short black curls. He wore an admiral's uniform all red, black shoulders with a black V-shaped cut out, trimmed in gold. "Oh, admiral I am so sorry." I said quickly when I realized he was one. I had no idea that we were expecting one on board is that why the captain was so angry?

"You better be sorry, you know I am a rather important person. What is your name Ensign?" He asked standing tall and proud.

"It is Zorva," I stood there looking at him. "And you are?"

"I am Q." He stated simply.

"Q? That is, it just Q? What an odd name you have admiral Q." I said jokingly. But then my eyes grew I just realized I had made fun of an admiral's name. I looked up at him, his eyes were dark those of a predator watching their prey, he had this sudden smirk spread across his lips. I took a step back like I was about to turn and run for my life.

"Ohhh, I am afraid I am going to have to report you for disrespecting an admiral." He grinned as he took a step towards me.

I felt my heart race and my throat getting dry, no, no this can't be happening you told yourself repeatedly.

"Leave her alone, Q."

I sighed in relief it was Riker.

"You mortals are no fun, I will see you again Zorva." With a snap of his fingers he vanished.

I did a double take and couldn't believe what I just witnessed.

"Don't mind our guest Zorva, he is only staying for a few days or at least I hope he is." Riker gave me his best I am not annoyed smile.

"Tell me about him." I was quite serious about this something about Q made me want to learn more about him.

"Well let me tell you what the captain said about him, He's devious and amoral and unreliable and irresponsible and definitely not be trusted. I, myself agree with the captain, you need to be careful Zorva he is not the man to be falling for.' Riker gave me a stern look and turned to walk away.

I rolled my eyes and walked to my quarters, once I entered my room I walked over to my chair and plopped down on it something was oddly off it was way to warm it felt like I was sitting on someone.

"Comfortable?"

I jumped out of the chair and turned to face whoever was in my room. "Q!?" I couldn't believe this. "What are you doing in my room?" I gave him a questioning look mixed with a serious tone.

"Well I thought I would pay you a personal visit, besides you caught my attention I never met such a beautiful Bajoran until now." He urged for me to come back to him.

I felt myself blush now that was something I did not hear everyday or well for this matter at all, I wasn't sure what to do so I stood there staring at him. He then gets up and steps towards me, I could feel myself becoming intimidated with those eyes locked on me it was hard not to be.

"As you probably know I will be sticking around, I think this would be a perfect opportunity for us to get know each other better." He stood right in front of me giving me this puppy eyed look.