Dittany

Species information
Alternative names
• Burning Bush
Distinction(s)
• It sometimes releases flammable vapours[1]
• Brown-coloured
Usage
• Potion-making
• Scar healing
• Wand core

"Essence of Dittany has extremely effective healing properties" - Description.

Dittany is a magical plant used in Potion-Making. It is a powerful healing herb and restorative. Its use makes fresh skin grow over a wound and after application the wound seems several days old.

Dittany is one of the plants found in One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi.

Effect

"Greenish smoke billowed upward and when it has cleared, Harry saw that the bleeding had stopped. The Wound now looked several days old; new skin stretched over what had been open flesh" - The fast effect of Dittany.

Dittany is a healing and restorative herb, one of the plants found in One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi. In addition to Dittany's essence being applied topically, the raw plant can be consumed to heal shallow to moderate wounds.

If used in a mixture with silver it can cure werewolf bites. It will prevent the victim from bleeding to death from the bite, but not cure them of lycanthropy. Shredded Dittany is an ingredient in the creation of the Wiggenweld Potion. Also known as Burning Bush, it sometimes releases flammable vapours. A sick baby may be cured with the application of dittany. Dittany can also be used to heal Doxy bites.