Chapter 12

Later that day.....

After my freak out with meeting Ant-man, my patrol resumed as it always did. I eventually calmed myself and was about to get back to my job. It was long before my luck evenly ran out.

Flash back.... 

"Come on man, you can do better than that." 

"God, you are so fucking annoying."

I know it shouldn't have gotten to me, but it did. I'm use to getting call name, and stuff like that. But it didn't change the fact that it hurt. I know right, Spider man gets hurt from mean comments. He's just a angry bank robber, who is mad that I stop him. It shouldn't hurt as much as it did.

.....But it did.

"That's not very nice, dude." I say, trying to stay positive, "words hurt." I finish.

"oh fuck you." The guy spits angrily at me.

I continue talking to the guy, who's all ready webbed up onto a wall. 'Cause hey why the hell not.' I think to myself.

That was a big mistake.

I was to caught in talking to the guy to realize.

He had a partner.

If it wasn't for my spidey senses, I would have had a knife in my shoulder.

But luckily, I ducked just in time. Though, the knife didn't miss completely. It ended up grazing my shoulder. Not deep enough for stitches, but I was enough for it to be painful.

I quickly get his partner under control and web him up.

End of flash back.... 

I dig through my pocket for my keys, finding them after a few seconds, then bringing them up to the door unlocking it. I did not expect what I saw when I opened the door.

There, in the middle of the room, was Tessa covered in dirt.

"What in the world happened to you." I say, honestly shocked at this.

She turn her attention to me, barking happily and running towards me. I set my backpack down next to the door, just as Tessa jumps up on me. I proceed to pick her up, not caring about all the dirt. She then proceeds to licks my face, all over.

"really Tessa," I say "you know I have to give you a bath now, right?"

She barks again; she really likes baths. She then squirms a bit, causing me to put her down. She walks over to the kitchen table and barks. I walk over to her, I look at what she's barking at. It a note, from my neighbor. 

The note just explained that my neighbor took Tessa for a walk when she jumped in a puddle. When they got back, before my neighbor could give Tessa a bath, she had to leave for a family emergency. She also apologized for leaving things like she did.

I read the note and sigh. I turn towards Tessa, crouching down and rubbing her head.

"I'll start the bath if you get the towel" I say smiling at her.

She barks in agreement, before running down the hallway to my bedroom. I walk to the bathroom, stepping into the tub, and turning the water on. 

Not to hot, not to cold. Just how Tessa liked it.

I plug it up and step out. Just then Tessa walks in with her special black towel. She then places the towel gently in my lap, laying her head on my lap. I smile and rub her head.

I gently pick her, and sit her in the tub. She rolls around in the water, dirt rubbing off her as well. I smile and reach over grabbing the shampoo.

"ok, come on now." I say causing her to sit up, ready to be washed. I squirt the shampoo in my hand and rub it over Tessa's small form. As I wash her she holds a rubber duck in her mouth, squeaking it.

And If I didn't know better I'd saw she was squeaking it along to 'the rubber ducky song'. So out of pure amusement I started singing along.

"Rubber Ducky, you're the one, you make bath time lots of fun," I sang.

If Tessa could smile I'm sure she would have at this moment. She squeak the rubber duck fast in excitement, causing me to giggle. I finish rubbing her soap then rinse her off.

I pick her up, setting her on the bathroom floor. I then grab her towel about to wrap it around her.

And I swear I saw her smirk, before she started shacking and sending water everywhere.

"Tessa." I say laughing.

When she stops I look at her "you sly fox." I say still laughing, wrapping her up in her towel.

I start drying her off, then wrap her in the towel like a baby, and walk out of the bathroom onto the couch. I sit on the couch, laying Tessa beside me. She shacks the towel out of its baby like state, and lays her head on my lap with her towel still wrapped around her body. I smile, then reach for the remote turning the TV on. It's light being the only light illuminating the room.

It didn't take long for Tessa to fall asleep. I pet her head turning my attention to the TV. When I'm ready to go to sleep, I'll go to my bedroom and bring Tessa with me.

But right now, I'm going to enjoy this calm moment.

This amazing moment.

Hey guys hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I had to change a few things for the future chapters, and get them in lined with each other. This chapter was actually suppose to come out last week, but I got sick. I'm still a little sick, but I really wanted to get this chapter out for you all. Thank you all for waiting so patently for this chapter, I know I not all action packed as you all probably expected, but it's something. 

And don't worry there while be more action in the next chapter. Well hope you all enjoyed, more to come soon, peace.

p.s. I would like to hear your guys ideas for the story. If you have any. ;3

~Riley

words 997