Mother's Day

Theme Song: Leon Bridges - Lisa Sawyer
Y/N's P.O.V.

I can't believe I finally get to see my Bruno after months of him being on tour. It's Mother's Day and I can only imagine the hurt that Bruno feels since his beautiful mother, Bernie, is no longer her. I heard Geronimo whimper loudly, letting me know his Daddy was home. Suddenly, I heard keys jingle as he unlocked the door. There stood my Bruno, smiling the minute he saw me. I ran to him, jumping in his strong arms.

Bruno: Hey, baby girl! God, I missed you!

Y/N: I missed you so much! *gazes at him*

Bruno: I'm cool. Just really glad to be home.

Y/N: Baby, I know that this day is hard for you. You don't have to be brave for me. I'm here for you. How are you?

Bruno's P.O.V.
This is why I'm so in love with Y/N. Even though I know she's thrilled to have me home, she's more concerned how I'm feeling with the loss of my mother. This day is so hard, especially seeing everyone with their mom. Words can't explain how much I miss her. I knew I couldn't pretend with Y/N. Tears filled my eyes as she pulled me into a warm hug, allowing me to break down.

Bruno: I miss her so much, babe. *cries* It hurts that she's not here.

Y/N: I know, sweetheart. I miss her, too. I'd talk to her everyday, especially when you'd be on tour. She was so sweet and warm. I actually have a surprise for you.

Bruno: What is it?

With a comforting smile, I watched he disappear into our room and came back out with my guitar. No wonder I couldn't find it when I was performing!!!

Bruno: What you doing with my guitar?

Y/N: I know you miss your mother. So with that being said, I had Dwayne to send me your guitar. Take a close look at it and tell me if anything is different.

I took the guitar and carefully glanced at it and I was amazed at what I saw. Underneath the strings of the guitar I saw the name, Bernadette, engraved in gold letters.

I gently put it down and kissed Y/N with every emotion in me

Bruno: I love it!! Thank you, baby. I love you so much.

Y/N: I love you, too. Your mom is so proud of the man you've become. I did this as a reminder that she is always with you...in every chord, in every note. She's right there listening along with the crowd.

Bruno: How did I get so damn lucky?

Y/N: *chuckles* I'm the lucky one, babe.

This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. Y/N is right. My mom is in Heaven smiling down on me and my first goal is to always make her proud. I miss her terribly but I know she's always with me.

Wanted to write this imagine because I know Bruno is hurting by it's Mother's Day and Mama Bernie is rejoicing with the angels. Bruno, we love you and we are here for you!!!
Hooligan Hugs!!!