Chapter Two - You Guys Are Losers

Start from the beginning

"No way. That's awesome" Peter exclaimed as he span around to face his friend. "How many pieces?" Maria smiled at the excitement Peter showed for Lego, Maria knew the feeling all too well.

"Three thousand eight hundred and three" Ned stated proudly.

"That's insane" Peter replied.

"I know" Ned said back in joy. Once Peter's locker was shut Ned and Peter began walking down the hallway. Soon enough the pair were out of range of hearing especially with the noise the rest of the students were making. Maria stood and watched Peter leave without really realising she was - Maria never really thought about why she watched him walk away but she always did; half the time it was more of an instinct reaction rather than intentional. Once students blocked Maria's gaze she suddenly asked, without even turning to look at Michelle.

"Wanna build a Lego Death Star?"

"Sure." Maria's face lit up whilst she looked at Michelle who only offered a small smile but hey that was Michelle for you. The truth was that Maria loved to build things with Lego, it was a hobby she had picked up as a child and still loved today and it was even better when Star Wars was involved.

"We should get to class" Michelle said as they began to follow in Peter's and Ned's footsteps since they had the same class.

"Do we have to?" Maria asked dragging her feet.

"Nah, we can just turn around, run away, straight off school property" Michelle replied with a straight face. With glee Maria replied

"Really?"

"No."

"Aww, why did you have to say that? Why'd you've to crush my dreams?" Maria asked dramatically, her hands flying to her chest in fists as if she was in her pain. Michelle chuckled at Maria's overreaction.

"Come on" Michelle said, linking her arm with Maria's.

~8~

Lunch time had taken some time to come around but thankfully it had come. Michelle and Maria were sat at one of the tables whilst Peter and Ned sat on the other side of the table next to them. As usual Peter and Ned were being creepy and just sitting there staring at Liz Toomes, a popular senior who was really nice or so Maria had been told. Though Michelle and Maria weren't watching the pair, they were listening to Peter and Ned's conversation.

"Did Liz get a new top?" Peter suddenly asked as he rested his chin on his hand.

"No. We've seen that before, but never with that skirt" Ned corrected, Maria felt her jaw drop. They were virtually stalkers – not like she could talk considering what job she did at home but ... man alive.

"We should probably stop staring before it gets creepy" Peter said though he made no attempt to divert his gaze.

"Too late" Maria perked up her gaze locked on the nerdy pair. At her voice, Ned and Peter's heads snapped around to face her.

"You guys are losers" Michelle pitched in, pulling her gaze out of her book.

"You do realise we watch them just as much as they watch Liz" Maria suddenly pondered quietly to Michelle. The truth was that Michelle liked Peter which led to minor stalking. Maria didn't mind the stalking part, there could definitely be worse people to pay attention to - however Maria had never revealed the part where Peter was Spider-Man. It hadn't gotten passed Maria that her job as Michelle's friend was to watch Peter and as Tony Stark's daughter was to watch Spider-Man, if Peter ever found out that she quite literally stalked him practically 24/7 things would get awkward really quickly.