Biting your lip, you pick up a box and walk to the backroom. "Yeah, don't remind me..." you groan, "But I'm not taking your money. You need it to expand your store."  

(Friend/name) sighs. "There are more important things than buildings, (Y/n)." 

'Yes. Your happiness.'  you think to yourself. 

You, not wanting to continue the conversation, busy yourself with carrying empty boxes into the storage room and bringing out full ones to unpack. Two hours later and you finally ran out of packaged books.

It was 7p.m. and it was time for the store to close for the day. Or so you and (Friend/name) thought. 

The door 'ting'-ed open and in stepped a young man (or boy?). There wasn't much to see since he was mostly covered by a baggy, green turtleneck sweater. His messy brown hair seemed to have been blown by the wind to make it even more tousled. Looking outside gives you the reason- he came here by bike. 

"I-I-I'm sorry. W-were you closing?" he asks, looking guilty. 

"We were, but you're always welcome. I told you before, you can come any time! I know you always buy something." Your friend smiled at the young man. They seem to know each other.

"T-thank you (Friend/name)." He stutters another quick apology and disappears amongst the rows of books.

"(Y/n), can you go lock all the windows and backdoor whilst I help our last-minute customer? You can head home, I'll close up." 

Shrugging you go do what your friend asked of you. 

'Probably her best customer.'

Fritz

"-and then he took me to this cute little place where we met up with his parents. It was so nice spending time with all of them!" 

Loading the last of the dishes into the industrial sized dishwasher, you grin as Stella chats on about how she went with her boyfriend to meet his family. 

"Well, I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that's a sign Stel." 

The waitress clenches her arms in front of her and gives you an ecxited toothy smile. "I hope so! Can you imagine? Me- married!" 

"Woah there! He has to ask you first!" you laugh at your over-thrilled friend.

Stella jumps onto the counter and starts looking through a plastic container for a pen. "So? When do you plan on putting yourself out there?" 

You almost choke on your own spit. 

"Excuse me...?" 

"Oh come on (Y/n)! I haven't ever seen you in a relationship." Stella hops off- new pen held ready to write down the last orders of the day before closing time. 

"And for good reason. Stel, I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm definitely not the typical pretty, normal girl guys go for. Besides, I don't need a man to be happy." 

"Mmmhhhmmm. Yeah, we'll talk again once you fall in love." Stella saunters off to help the costumers who just entered, leaving you to roll your eyes and get to cooking. 

'If only I could marry food.'

Two toasted sandwiches and some fries later, Stella returns and recites a big order. "Two cheeseburgers, a large fries, three sodas, a bacon sarmie and a large coffee- to go." 

"Wow. Is it a group of friends who ordered all that?" You get the buns ready and load the cut potatoes into the frier. 

"Nope. It's that guy right there." Stella points out the person who was supposedly going to eat that. He was busy chatting to two other people at one of the closer tables (they seem to know one another, you take notice). The man was slightly chubby, but wasn't overweight or as large as most people who came here. His curls were a flaming orange and seemed to bounce around slightly with each head movement. Two chartreuse eyes were rimmed by a pair of large glasses and his cheeks were sprinkled with small freckles.