The End Of Year One

Camp was over after we returned a month ago and we were packing up now. I have news and all good. One is Kyleigh is not pregnant the test said she was negative so thank god. Two Samuel admit the truth to Kyleigh and she didn’t care. Then three is me and John didn’t have sex once in this whole year. Only one more year to go before we can.

I sat in my cabin packing up everything I owned and put it in my duffle bag. I took my books, clothes, and everything I brought there plus one new thing. Crusher. Also his litter box (which I cleaned out), his toys, and his bed which he never uses. I take one last look before I exit the room that used to be mine. I exhale and walk out the door closing it slowly behind me. I sat on the living room couch and Kyleigh and Kira soon joined me. Everything felt so empty here now. This was just year one though. I might have this room next year and I probably will.

We sat on the living room couch in silence and just looked around. It felt like i’ve lived here forever. I don’t want to live. Go back to the real world were you have to be more careful. I just can’t. With this target on my back I might as well die. I don’t think I will survive and I can’t risk getting anyone I love hurt again.

It’s been three days since I started breathing on my own again and it feel so nice. Like it’s the first time. But I know I am over exaggerating. I was waiting for my mom because she was going to pick me up from camp instead of me riding the bus. But thats a good thing because I wouldn’t want to lose my Crusher.

We sat there for about an hour before we heard a car pull in. It was my mom. I walked outside and Kyleigh ran to my side.

“Cali can your mom give me a ride. I rather not take the bus.”

“I will ask.” Kyleigh got excited and I walked to the door. My mom popped the trunk and came outside to help me. “Mom can we give Kyleigh a ride?”

“Sure.” She says and looks at Kyleigh who starts jumping around. My mom helps Kyleigh with her bags and then she climbs into the back seat. I head to the front were Crushers new cat carrier is. I put him in it and shut the door. I then go in the backseat with Kyleigh. None of us sat in the middle we both took the ends.

Once we arrived to Kyleigh’s house she got out and I followed. My mom popped the trunk and I carried one bag of Kyleigh’s while Kyleigh took the other. We walked into the house and her four dogs ran to meet us. Kyleigh’s sister had to take the bus home so we beat her. Kyleigh pet all of the dogs but mostly hers Scooter. Then we walked downstairs to where her room was. It was colder down there and in her room too. Her little window was open and cold air was flowing in.

I set her stuff down on her bed and walked to the door. No more seeing Kyleigh every single morning and every single night. Never seeing each other at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. This was going to be a big change from what I am now use to.

“Bye Kyleigh. Call or text whenever you want to hang.” She laughs but mouths the words ok. I walk out the door and back up the stairs. Once I make it out the door I run in to Kyleigh’s sister who looked pretty mad. Not sure at what though. I just walked to the car and hopped back in as we drove to our house.

We walked into our house mom carrying my one bag and me carrying Crusher’s things and him himself. I walked into the house and Got greeted by my sister who took my stuff out of my hands and ran upstairs to put them away mom did the same. That was strange. I then went into the living room and sat on the couch by my brother who was watching The Wonder Pets. I didn’t really watch it though. I just sat on the couch and looked out the window.

“KRIS!” Mom yelled from upstairs. He jumped but got off the brown couch and ran upstairs. What were they doing? I was about to walk upstairs once I heard something running down the stairs. I was a bit scared but then I saw Crusher tumbling down them. He slipped and hit the door on the other side of the stairs. I ran to him and picked him up.

He was ok. But I cuddled him anyways. I carried him to the couch and laid him in my lap his back down. I then pet his belly as he squirmed like a little worm. I thought it was cute. He was purring as I scratched behind his ears and his eyes were closed. I stopped scratching him but he didn’t move because he was sleeping.

But after he fell asleep all I heard was people walking down the stairs. There were six feet walking. I could tell that. Also three emotions. The emotions read surprise, loud, and secret. Those hints gave it away but I don’t know what they are hiding. A gift? A cake? Oh I hope it is a cake I could go for one right now.

Finally everyone came into sight and I saw a cake that had white frosting and blue letters that read ‘Year One Is Already Done’ It had no candles but it wasn’t my birthday. Aimee and Kris held gifts and I jumped with excitement.

“How long have you had this stuff?” I ask.

“Since you first left for camp.” My mom says feeling a bit of guilt.

“Where were they hiding?”

“In the empty room with the desk.” Aimee says this time.

“I was in that room all family week though.” I say sounding like a kid that is obsessed with gifts.

“Ya well you were both writing and sleeping in that room not snooping. But you didn’t read our emotions of it because we knew better and Kris didn’t know otherwise it would have been found out already."

“I guess. Good job.” Mom sets the cake on the table and Aimee, Kris, and her walk into the living room were I get all my gifts. I open the biggest first and it is a bed set. The sheets are black with purple stars on them same with two of the pillow cases. The blanket and other two pillowcases were different shades of purple with some black swirls mixed in. I freaked about it being purple and all but I had a question. I mean I only had two pillows. But of course I spoke too soon.

The next biggest gift was two pillows. But that wasn’t all that fun. The last one (or so I thought) was posters. Some of Jensen Ackles some of David Tennant then some of Ansel Elgort. I picked all of them up and jumped up and down like a lunatic. This was like the first time I have ever been fan girly. I set them down and hug Aimee and my mom. I pat Kris on his head and scream.

“One more gift in your room.” I run up to my room and see that my bed is stripped to nothing for my new stuff and then I look up from it. My walls have been painted purple! I jump some more and laugh a childish laugh. I felt like I was a little kid again. I lay on my bed and stare at the wall. The one with the old poster of Jensen Ackles on it. My mom and sister come up with my gifts. “Cake time whenever you are ready.” My mom says and races down stairs Aimee close behind her. I know that move.

“NO!” I yell getting up from my bed and running down stairs after them. If I didn’t get down there they would eat and cut the cake without me.

Once I finally get there mom hands me a piece of cake. She already cut it. I take it and sit down now all upset. My cake is ruined. I eat it fast. Then throw my garbage away. I race back to my room to make my bed. I even had company. I totally forgot about Kiki but I was glad she was here although that gave me a mission this summer. I had to get her to cross over.

But I won’t tell you how that went because I am amazing at my job. Ya well I will see you again next camp year. Bye.