16. Back Together Or Not?

Start from the beginning

"Look... We shouldn't take any chances. If Damon taught us anything is that the virus makes you want to attack at the mere scent of vampire blood," Stefan explained but Elena was doubtful that it was the case.

"Well, how did you..." Elena asked as she held her hand up to the force-field.

"Liv..."

"Liv?" Elena asked so Stefan realized she had no idea who Liv was.

"She's a new witch. Bonnie's been teaching her some spells. Look, I know this is a lot to process, but just know that Caroline's out, looking for the antidote and in the mean time, we've figured out how to ration blood to keep you satisfied. We're going to figure this out, okay?" Stefan asked as Elena furrowed her eyebrows. Stefan smiled and began to leave.

"Where's Holden?" Elena then asked as Stefan stopped. He was so eager to leave and prayed that she wouldn't ask him about him, but of course she did. Stefan turned around to face Elena, who stared at him. "Stefan, I haven't seen him since I woke up. Where is he? I know he wouldn't miss seeing me again. I miss him."

Stefan let out a breath causing Elena to widen her eyes. "Stefan... What is going on?"

"I... I-uh. I was hoping you wouldn't ask that," Stefan mused sadly as Elena got all kinds of thoughts in her head.

"Stefan, you're scaring me."

"He's fine," Stefan comforted the girl, but she didn't seem okay by such answer. "Actually he's not."

"I need to talk to him," Elena demanded sternly but Stefan shook his head. "Why not, Stefan?! Tell me where he is! Come-"

"He doesn't have his emotions!" Stefan raised his voice as Elena stared at Stefan in shock. She could only imagine Holden without his emotions. "There. Happy now?" he asked angrily.

"Why did he? Why did he turn it off?" Elena asked but before Stefan could answer Elena had her own idea. "Did Katherine do it? Did she make him turn it off?"

"Listen, Elena, the less you know the better now. All you need to know is that you're back. And you're gonna help me bring him back," Stefan said dully as Elena looked away in shock and sadness. "When we cure you then we go to Holden."

Stefan then vamp sped out of the dorm rooms as Elena stood in one place in shock. Even if Holden was emotionless she wanted to talk to him immediately. But question was would he want to talk to her?

DAMON WAS CHAINED UP IN THE CELL. He was quiet as he listened to Holden, who was in the other cell next to Damon's. Damon was freaked out by how quiet Holden was. Of course Holden had a lot of vervain in his body and no blood since the other day. But Damon knew Holden was strong.

Jeremy then came up to Damon's cell with a glass of blood and teased Damon with it. Instead of handing it to him, he set it down in the floor, just out of Damon's reach. "Hilarious," Damon smiled sarcastically.

The Gilbert boy looked pleased with himself as he gently scooted the cup of blood toward Damon. "Give me the damn cup."

Damon finally clutched onto it and guzzled the contents down in seconds. Then he threw the cup at Jeremy and Matt. "Wipe that smile off your face," Damon hissed as the two smiled at him.