Chapter - 1

I Know i'm not very good at writing but it will get better, i promise :3 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Fate.

If you ask me what that word means to me I'm pretty sure i would say ;    

'Nothing' or i would give some long explanation about it, an explanation which the teachers would love but the classmates would rather make some stupid comment like 'Teachers pet' or 'suck up' and honestly i didn't think of myself as either of those words.

I saw myself just doing what my parents taught me; that school and education was the only path to a future, a good future and all this time i had believed them, but thinking about it now.. 

what if their view of 'a good future' was different to mine

i always imagined what my future would hold, i thought i would live in a big house, with a loving husband, 2 kids, 2 cats and with a acceptable job as a lawyer or something that pays well

but what if i didn't want that, that's what my parents thought as a good future, but that not what i see as my future as.

in fact, i don't see my future at all, 

i don't know what i want to be when i'm older my parents wan't me to be a lawyer or a doctor, but i don't. although i guess that's fate right, i don't have a choice? because that's what i thought.

Fate.

I hate the word.

----------------------------------

"Trust me, it's going to work, it has too" my best friend Elena assured me while pushing her glasses up her nose.

I was sitting in the back garden of my friends house, it was so hot outside and Elena had made me wear a big lab coat because of the science experiment she was doing.

I don't understand why she practices the science experiment at home instead of at school, i guess it was because her Dad was the head of the Science department in our school? I don't know.

"Your wrong, the two chemicals you have will not cause a reaction, it won't work, El" i told her while giving up and laying back on the grass and starring up at the blue sky which didn't have a cloud in sight.

"Fine, lets test it" she said pouring the two liquids into a class beaker and watching intently, probably just trying to prove her point.

I role my eyes when the two liquids don't react, just like i thought.

"Told you" i say to her while getting up and taking of the lab coat, to once again feel the nice summer breeze.

"HA, LOOK SUMMER I WAS RIGHT" she yells in one of those 'i'm better than you' voices. 

I whipped my head around to look at the beaker.. she right, it was fizzing and causing quite a rapid reaction. "You've got to kidding me" i said in a whisper, hoping she didn't hear me.

Don't get me wrong i do love Elena, in a best friend way, sure. But she gets so carried away with science experiments and it bothers me, it shouldn't, but it does.

Science was the only subject that i was bad at, as much a i studied and tried to do well in tests. Key word, 'Tried'. I was so bad at it, and Elena was so good, it made me feel bad about myself and i guess i was jealous.

Elena got up and took her lab coat of and rested it next to mine on the grass then i helped her put away the experiment into a plastic tray which i then assumed she would give to her Dad later on to sort out.

"Looks like you will be paying for dinner" she tells me while walking away carrying the tray.

I almost forgot about that bet we made and i was kinda wishing she did too.

"Pizza?" She asked, walking through the back door of her house and into her kitchen, I followed behind her.

I decided to get my phone to check if i had any texts, none, wow someones popular.

"I was kinda thinking Chinese" i said sitting down at the table.

She placed the tray down, while she sat down opposite me "Sure, call up and order then lets choose a movie, k?" She asks and i nod my head yes.

As i look back down to my phone i see i have a new message.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~