Having Fun > Studying

Comenzar desde el principio

"We're here! Go down Gallus!", Sandbar yells as he points his hoof at a area containing many colorful booths in varying sizes and a big fountain.
They descend carefully and, before touching the ground himself, Gallus releases the pony, who lands on his, still slightly shaking hooves.
"Are you okay?", the griffon asks as he watches his friend, who tries his best not to tumble, "You'll get used to it, you'll see."
Sandbar, who finally feels safe on his hooves again, places the basket on the ground right in front of him and smiles at him but his inner voice doubts those words.
I hope so...
They landed right next to the big fountain, which marks the center of the market area. After making sure both of them are ready to go, they decide to search for a nice place for their picnic. It has to be a quiet place but also not boring so something interesting to look at should be near it.
"There's a brook nearby. I was there with my best friends from school when I was a colt and we always had a great time. Sounds good?", Sandbar suggests and Gallus likes this idea a lot.
"Sounds like a good place for a picnic", he agrees and, to tease his friend a little bit he gives his tutor a special name, "Mister Bar."
No... everything but Mister Bar! What kind of name is that?, the stallion criticizes the new name and asks his student kindly for a better one.
"Let's make a deal. I will think of a better name and you'll take us to the place you mentioned."
They both agree to this deal and the Earth-pony takes the lead.

They make their way across the market and Sandbar notices a few booths selling all sorts of things. Some of them sell vegetables and fruits while others sell water or juice. One booth sells hundreds of different kinds of exotic plants and each of them looks unlike anything he has ever seen before.
I love the market... There is always something going on here! And everypony has a great time I think Gallus likes it too...
He watches Gallus, who is still walking behind him, and notices that he also investigates the booths they pass by. He even stops for a moment to take a closer look at a strange flower with dark-red petals and a very dark peduncle.
"That flower is called 'Aurora's kiss' and it helps people to relax and find things that make them happy. It feeds on the happy feelings and thoughts of those around them and, when it collected enough happy energy or feels an immense amount of happiness, it reveals it's full beauty. A very rare but, at the same time, very powerful flower", the mare, who runs the booth, explains to him.
Sandbar comes back and also takes a closer look at the flower.
"It looks very pretty", he admits, "and I like that name. Aurora's Kiss sounds like something from a filly's tale."
"It's gorgeous...", the male griffon mumbles as he stares at one of the seven remaining flowers in front of him.
Wow... I've never seen Gallus so enchanted by something so simple...
"Only six Bits for one flower. A pretty good deal for a pretty flower, as I like to put it", the mare tries to assist her possible customers but her own joke causes her to giggle.
"Are you interested? I have a few more so don't worry, this isn't my last one."
But, despite his obvious signs of interest, Gallus rejects this idea completely and leaves the booth to take a look at a different one he noticed before. Sandbar watches his buddy leave and, after turning his attention back towards the flower, he sighs.
Gallus has never been the kind of guy who spends his money on things expect when they are really necessary and he really needs them. Miss Rainbow Dash mentioned that griffons hate the idea of wasting money but is it really wasting it if you spend it on something you want or enjoy?
"Looks like your friend changed his mind", the salesmare comments on the griffon's actions but Sandbar knows that she's wrong.
"Not really", he explains after sighing again, "He always does that. He wants something but gives it up to safe money... It's a good thing he tries to save as much money as he can but sometimes it wouldn't hurt to use it for his own good."
He observes his friend, who is still investigating the other booth but the mare's voice catches his attention.
"If he changes his mind let him know that I'll be here the entire day until sunset and then I'm off to the Crystal Empire."
"Thanks, I really appreciate it."
"My name is Fauna. It's nice to meet two nice guys like you."
"My name is Sandbar", the stallion introduces himself and, while pointing his his hoof in the blue male's direction, he introduces him as well, "and the miser over there is my good friend Gallus."
They both share a hearty laugh but Sandbar notices someone towards them.
"I'd love to talk more but I think Gallus wants to go."
The two ponies look at the griffon, who stops right next to his pony-friend.
"Can we go?", he asks and Sandbar winks at Flora while forming the words 'Told you' with his mouth.
"Alright, alright", Sandbar gives into his friends request and the two males leave the booth.
"Have fun boys!", shouts the salesmare.
"Good luck with your flowers", he shouts back and waves at her but, after noticing that Gallus increases his speed, he stops waving and follows him.
He quickly catches up to him and, out of nowhere, the griffon slows down again and walks behind Sandbar, who leads him to their destination.