CHAPTER 1.1

NOVA JUST LANDED ON JAKKU, OUTSIDE OF A SMALL VILLAGE.

She needed to get to the plans from Lor San Tekka before someone else did. Luke didn't want anyone finding him, and it was her job to make sure that happens.

But she got there too late. There was another ship outside the village and a droid running around, "The Resistance." Nova hissed, "And where the Resistance is, there's-"

She was cut off by the sound of panic. Above her, First Order ships approached. The woman watched from afar as Storm Troopers attacked the village, setting fire to the houses and huts . The Resistance ship was shot and damaged and the pilot came out, checking the damage.

Nova noticed the droid rolling away into the desert and the pilot shooting at the troopers. Just then, the large First Order ship landed. When the ramp lowered, smoke was blown out and a man dressed in all black with an equally as dark helmet came out, his cape flowing behind him.

'Drama queen', Nova thought and the man turned towards the direction she was hiding out in. She quickly ducked away and tried to calm herself and not get caught by the First Order. She couldn't help Skywalker if she did.

Lor San Tekka was brought over to the dark figure, and the two conversed before the figure brought down a red lightsaber upon the older man, murdering him. Nova looked away before the weapon was brought down on Tekka, not wanting to see what the First Order can really do.

The Resistance pilot inched forward behind the dark figure, ready to fire his blaster when the figure turned around, halting the bolt in the air between the two men.

Two Storm Troopers ran over and grabbed the Resistance pilot, dragging him over to the dark figure. Nova only assumed that he was going to be killed, just like Tekka, after they get the map from him. Looks like her mission was a failure. No way she could get it back from the First Order. The only thing she could do was to go back to the island and warn Luke.

Nova couldn't hear the conversation going on, but based on the pat down the pilot was getting, she assumed they were searching for the map.

But they didn't find anything.

The pilot was brought onto the ship and Nova turned before the villagers were massacred. If Tekka didn't have the map, and neither did the Resistance pilot, that only left one suspect.

The droid.

Nova quickly composed herself and began sprinting in the direction the droid came in, hoping to catch up. She needed that map.

He's counting on her.